Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom??

tag
TFreshStart
Valued Member

Chase Freedom??

Hello

I have a few questions for those of you with the Chase Freedom card.

Is it possible to get this card with baddies on your report? How much does having an active checking account help?

If you received this card with baddies what were they and how old?  And what was your score at the time of approval?

Also I read somewhere that Chase doesn't acknowledge secured cards or store card trade lines. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom??

@TFreshStart wrote:

Hello

I have a few questions for those of you with the Chase Freedom card.

Is it possible to get this card with baddies on your report? Yes, as long as you don't have any recent derogs. Think it is within the past 12 or 24 months for Chase? If it's a serious derog, then you will need to wait longer. How much does having an active checking account help? It can help quite a bit if you can maintain a >10 average daily balance. However, it can also only help so much. The bank isn't going to overlook serious derogs even if you have >100k in there.  

If you received this card with baddies what were they and how old? 1 30-day late on Macys from 2006. And what was your score at the time of approval? ~780

Also I read somewhere that Chase doesn't acknowledge secured cards or store card trade lines. Is this true? They do acknowledge it, but at the same time they 'discount' it as well. 

Thanks in advance!!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.