Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Frustration - V to VS

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase Frustration - V to VS

I called the number on the back of my CSP today and a live person answered in half a ring!  Made a few changes, including shuffling a little of the CSP credit line over to the Freedom and thought while I was at it, I might as well get the word Signature added under the Visa logo on my replacement Freedom card, right?  So I finish the call, log in to my Chase account and see that the credit line changes were immediate but... uh oh.  Instead of changing my Freedom to a Visa Signature, they changed it to a Freedom Unlimited!!! I called back and spent a lot of time on the phone with a very helpful and apologetic rep.  He tried to change it back and got the "you'll receive a decision in 30 days" notice which means he can't change it back since there has been a recent product change.  He consulted several supervisors and I was told that once the department that reviews flagged product changes gets it this week, that it should be immediately changed back over to the correct product and I was read back teh entire full statement that was added to my account.

I'm glad that I'm not using my Freedom for category spend this quarter since it overlaps with Discover, and for the immediate time being I technically have two FUs "in my wallet."  So hopefully that gets straightened out soon.  Amazing how frustrating one CSR mistake can become, but kudos to Chase for letting me call in to the CSP line to talk about my Freedom and for really trying to get it clarified and resolved.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Frustration - V to VS

Letting you? It's more expensive, time consuming, likely to have negative experience for them to shuffle you off to outsourceville than to take the call and get you off the phone as soon as possible. (Probably the reason for inattentiveness)

Whats the big deal about V -> VS anyway? The "benefits" are pretty much superfluous anyway (Unless it's a premium product.)

Message 2 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

There are a few safeguards that Chase offers with the VS version of the card that I would prefer to have rather than not have in the unlikely event that I ever needed it.  Besides, when I line up and play with my cards late at night the Visa logo doesn't match the other two Chase cards.  Smiley Embarassed

Good news, though.  I logged in tonight and I'm showing a Freedom VS instead of a 2nd Freedom Unlimited, so someone was either able to cancel the accidental CFU PC or to override the hold on PCing my card back to Freedom.  All of the other things in that first phone call were fortunately handled correctly.

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, just picturing you playing with your cardsSmiley Wink. Yup, something only a myFicoer would doSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
newhis
Valued Contributor

Sorry OP, I hope everything gets back to normal.

I do prefer using SM, no issues for changing limits and changing my CFU from V to VS, and yes, the logo is prettier Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
yfan
Valued Contributor

Glad everything is back to normal for you.

I do wonder, though, if "errors" like this are a precursor to Chase eventually wanting to phase out the Freedom and just go with the Freedom Unlimited.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

I do wonder, though, if "errors" like this are a precursor to Chase eventually wanting to phase out the Freedom and just go with the Freedom Unlimited.

See...I was thinking the exact opposite. I wonder if some kind of 1.5% / 5% rotate is working tis way down the pipeline....A cashback version of the CSR, perhaps.

Message 7 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

See...I was thinking the exact opposite. I wonder if some kind of 1.5% / 5% rotate is working tis way down the pipeline....A cashback version of the CSR, perhaps.

It's already here, Sam's club 3% travel, 3% meals and 5% gas.  The thing is you get your cash back once a year.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Not sure if they are phasing it out, but certainly sounds like when they hear the word Freedom, they immediately assume you mean Freedom Unlimited.

Update: 6 days later, I just got four thick white envelopes in the mail from Chase!  CSP for my wife (AU), Freedom for my wife (AU, not Visa Signature), Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature for both of us, and the correct Freedom Visa Signature for both of us.  Except for the CSP, all 5 of those cards have identical account numbers, expiration dates and CVV as my existing Freedom non-signature!  To top it all off, her non-Signature Freedom card was glued to the paper welcoming her to Freedom Unlimited.  Wow.

So I have some shredding to do, but when done we will now finally have the correct matching his & hers pairs of CSP VS (mine), Freedom Unlimited VS (hers) and Freedom VS (mine).  They also included a prepaid card recycling envelope for the CSP.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.