Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Hyatt approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Hyatt approval odds

Hello all.
Looking for some advice on whether I should try for a travel card like the Chase Hyatt given my circumstances. I travel often with family in tow and would make good use of a decent travel card. I’m not sure of my approval odds. Just on the upswing in my credit repair journey which my younger self destroyed. Any help and or advice would be great. Thank you!

EQ: 683 (AAoA: 7.8yrs) (5 inq, last June ’18 Discover)
TU: 712 (AAoA: 6.5yrs) (7 inq last May 4, ’18 Barclays)
683: 683 (AAoA: 7.8yrs) (8 inq last May 9, ’18 US Bank denied, too may inq’s)

Income: $197.5k

Accounts

Two separate auto loans with Capital One Auto, 26K (three months old), and 35K (months old), always on time, pay extra weekly.

Cap One – Quicksilver $400.
Cap One – Quicksilver $500.
Discover $500.
Barclay Apple rewards $1000.
Norstrom $1000.

Baddies! (All student loans)

Navient current since May 2017, worst was 180 days late on April 2017.

ACS closed now, last neg. February 2015. Current when closed/transferred.

MOHELA closed now, last neg. was February 2015. Current when closed/transferred.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Hyatt approval odds

If it werent for the lates. I'd say you were fine. Because the lates are still relatively new, I'd wait another year.
Chase has become pickier than ever lately.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
One last question, would you suggest waiting to put more time between those lates to make it more attractive to Chase or should I consider consider another bank such as AMEX or Citi?
Thank you again.
Message 3 of 6
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I don't think Citi is any more lenient than Chase but I may be mistaken. Someone with more Citi experience could chime in. Check Amex pre approvals, they may offer something.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 4 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes, as suggested by Chasing. Maybe you could try the prequals for both Citi and Amex? No guarantees, as Citi and Amex can also be finicky. I'd say Amex is the most lenient of the three mentioned so far.
The more time between the lates and your next apps. The higher the chances of an approval.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will.
Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.