Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG question

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Chase IHG question

Hi, my DW wants to apply for this card, her stats are:
No baddies, 1.9 years aaoa, 28% util. Now she has over 15000 in credit across all her lines but on her discover she is at 83% util. Due to a recent balance transfer. She has no history with chase beside being an Au on my freedom since 3 years now. Scores are rigjt at 700, does she have a shot?

Also, what is the difference with the non siggy of this card? Just in case she gets that it would be nice to know

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase IHG question

I don't know anything about that card in particular, but doesn't seem like it's much of a stretch from an underwriting perspective for the other Chase co-branded hotel cards.

Might be worth waiting till AAoA hit 2 years flat (as that's the first bonus time for that calculation, everything below that is set at 1 year) for a possible boost but other than that is reasonable to apply if it makes sense from a rewards perspective.

I'd assume siggy vs. non is the typical siggy benefits.

        
Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'd apply, think it has great bonus right now.
Message 3 of 15
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

I don't know anything about that card in particular, but doesn't seem like it's much of a stretch from an underwriting perspective for the other Chase co-branded hotel cards.

Might be worth waiting till AAoA hit 2 years flat (as that's the first bonus time for that calculation, everything below that is set at 1 year) for a possible boost but other than that is reasonable to apply if it makes sense from a rewards perspective.

+1...the 83 percent UTIL might be a bit of a problem right now as well...i'm inclined to say that maybe wait a few months for the util to drop while upping her AAOA a bit...then app...IMHO Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djc1puno wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

+1...the 83 percent UTIL might be a bit of a problem right now as well...i'm inclined to say that maybe wait a few months for the util to drop while upping her AAOA a bit...then app...IMHO Smiley Happy

+2

And, the profile may be more optimal at that point to qualify or be elegible for their Visa Signature vs. Platinum version, but that level of benefit in it of itself is just powdered sugar on a donut, just makes it sweeter.

Message 5 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

+3. I would recommend you lower that utilization on discover. She probably will still get approved regardless, but the maxed out discover will probably result in a lower CL.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 15
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the advice and I do agree that she should wait but the thing is that we are going to NYC at the end of febuary and we can get 2 nights in an IC hotel for free with the 80k point sign up bonus which is really sweet, that would save us almost $800! so that is our situation but otherwise I would tell her also to wait till summer.

but not sure how long that 80k sign up bonus is going to be around either makes it tough Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I was recently approved for this card with scores lower than hers & negatives items listed on my EQ which is what Chase pulled. My utilization was probably around 1-5% and I have no history with Chase.

Received a limit of $3,500.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 8 of 15
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

I was recently approved for this card with scores lower than hers & negatives items listed on my EQ which is what Chase pulled. My utilization was probably around 1-5% and I have no history with Chase.

congrats... did you still get the free annual night even though you didnt get the siggy?

Message 9 of 15
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

congrats... did you still get the free annual night even though you didnt get the siggy?

Yes, I believe the free annual night is for all card holders regardless of whether or not you get the signature version.

I won't receive the free night voucher until my one year anniversary though.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.