Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Inquiry: CSP -> United Mileage Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Inquiry: CSP -> United Mileage Plus

does anyone know how difficult it is (or maybe not) to get chase to change my CSP into the United Mileage card?  I have 3 chase cards right now: 

freedom -$2500 7 months old

csp- $5k Sig 6 months old

marriott- $5k Sig 6 months old 

any ideas on this? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Pitt570
New Contributor

Re: Chase Inquiry: CSP -> United Mileage Plus

you will have to app for the card they will not product change it....if you dont mind me asking why do you want to switch csp to united? you can always transfer points to united just wondering thats all.

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

does anyone know how difficult it is (or maybe not) to get chase to change my CSP into the United Mileage card?  I have 3 chase cards right now: 

freedom -$2500 7 months old

csp- $5k Sig 6 months old

marriott- $5k Sig 6 months old 

any ideas on this? 

Probably won't do it as the Explorwr card is a co branded card.  Even if you could it makes no sense to do that as you won't get any bonus on the Explorer and you lose the ability to transfer UR points to travel partners without the CSP

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the priority boarding and free checked bag and president club passes...I want those perks. 

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I like the priority boarding and free checked bag and president club passes...I want those perks. 

Then you should apply for the card.  Even if you could do what you want it would make zero sense given your other Chase cards.

Message 5 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You're also leaving a sign up bonus on the table IF (big IF) Chase lets you PC to United Explorer.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pitt570 for your advice. I suppose I'll just app for the card. 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just app for the United Card. I plan to do the same after I find out if my recent CSP app has been approved or denied. Been sitting "in review" since the 18th. I haven't received approved or declined from the Chase status phone number. I was approved for Chase Slate 5500. CL two weeks ago. Went for CSP last week and went "7 - 10 days". No HP either. Not sure if that means a certain decline or if they'll wait 7 days from my app and than do a HP and approve/decline. Personally I'm thinking a decline is coming due to recent new accounts and INQ's. My EX FICO is 790 with no derogs, but is showing 6 new accounts this year and 11 INQ's.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks drewg350...good luck with your apps! 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks pitt570 for your advice. I suppose I'll just app for the card. 

@I agree with @Pitt570... Just apply for it.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.