Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Lyft Partnership

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Chase Lyft Partnership

Did not want this to get buried in the CSR thread as it applies to CSP, CF, CFU, CF Student, and Ink card members. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred®, Chase Freedom®, Freedom Unlimited®, Freedom Student® and Ink cardmembers will receive 5x total Ultimate Rewards® points or 5% cash back on Lyft rides. In addition to these benefits and exclusively for Chase Sapphire Reserve, cardmembers will earn 10x total points on Lyft rides and each account will get one free year of Lyft Pink, our membership program that offers 15% off car rides, priority airport pickups, relaxed cancellations, and more. 

more details at the link:

https://blog.lyft.com/posts/lyft-chase-cards

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Lyft Partnership

Good info, thanks for sharing! 

Message 2 of 31
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Didn't realize it was extending to other products as well.  Certainly a welcome addition!  The 15% discount and 10x URs combined with $300 travel credit will MORE than offset my entire CSR AF even at the higher $550 ($625 with AU).  I just wish it started earlier since I'll be taking Lyft to the airport in the morning.

Message 3 of 31
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Didn't realize it was extending to other products as well.  Certainly a welcome addition!  The 15% discount and 10x URs combined with $300 travel credit will MORE than offset my entire CSR AF even at the higher $550 ($625 with AU).  I just wish it started earlier since I'll be taking Lyft to the airport in the morning.

I'm using my SoFi money account for this right now. Getting 20% back instantly on my SoFi account. While this acts basically like a debit card linked to my SoFi account, it does stack with whatever Lyft promotions I am eligible for. I'm constantly getting something as my rating is 4.9*. This is valid until 2/18/20. 

I've mentioned this before, but everyone who uses Lyft should link their Delta Sky Miles.

https://www.deltalyft.com/

As well as Hilton Honors:

https://hiltonhonorslyft.com/hiltonhonorslyft/

1. Good way to accumlate more miles

2. Delta miles do not expire but Hilton Honors expire after 1 year. This is a good way to extend that expiration date.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly a nice earnings rate, and a decent stand-in for the Uber card. For those who don't want to app a seperate "rideshare" card.

Didn't mention a CAP to said earnings though, so I guess it's unlimited? Also saw that it was through 3/22, so it seems like a "limited" partnership.

I don't have much chance to participate in rideshares where I live, as i drive everywhere. But I use them whenever I travel to far and away places and don't want to deal with the local traffic and unknown surroundings. 

Havn't ever tried Lyft yet, but seems I'll have to switch from uber to increase my UR earnings!

Message 5 of 31
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't read too much into the fact its a 2 year deal with Lyft. Doordash is more likely to be "out the door" after two years with all the competitors in that space.

Lyft is trying to take over the world like Amazon. They want to commercialize all transit. The CSR deal for them is like Whole Foods was with Amazon.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I don't think I've seen a notification on this from my account (CSP and Freedom).  Unfortunately, I racked up some balances on both Chase cards over the holiday with travel and am going to have to SD them while I pay the debt down.  Since the offer is open till 2022, I think I may sign up for it but not use it till the end of summer.  Maybe it will help make up for 5% quaters I'll miss out on in 2020.

Message 7 of 31
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting the info. Seems like a useful feature especially for use in an urban area, too bad Lyft doesn't have family account sharing like Uber so that renders Lyft useless for some. 

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spend about 150 a year on Uber/Lyft. Sadly for 2020, my first trip costing 45 is today, Jan 10th. Lol

Although I did get my Uber 50 dollar gc from amex offer at Sam's club (~20% off).
Message 9 of 31
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

😂 yeah I spent $32 with tip to get to the airport this morning on Lyft. I wouldn't have earned anything (and didn't) because I still had Lyft credit left over from buying $200 in vouchers for $169.99 at Costco.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.