Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase MP Club Card Approval Weirdness

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Chase MP Club Card Approval Weirdness

Long story short I applied for the Chase MileagePlus Club card (I am in airports at least twice a week and the first year fee was waived) and was approved. The screen indicated I was approved for 5k (no biggie as the only reason I applied was for the club access)... well I just called the application status line to confirm the APR and I got a congratulations your limit is 22k. This has never happened before... Anyone else have a similar experience? Shoot... I'll take it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase MP Club Card Approval Weirdness

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Long story short I applied for the Chase MileagePlus Club card (I am in airports at least twice a week and the first year fee was waived) and was approved. The screen indicated I was approved for 5k (no biggie as the only reason I applied was for the club access)... well I just called the application status line to confirm the APR and I got a congratulations your limit is 22k. This has never happened before... Anyone else have a similar experience? Shoot... I'll take it.

Very nice CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Very nice! Is this your highest limit?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I have that card and it's absolutely fantastic.

I was surprised to see you had only been granted a 5k CL since it's usually much higher than that. Given the kinds of people that would be seriously interested in applying (and their corresponding scores), the starting CLs are almost always well into the 5 digits.

22k is great, and if you use it heavily you might end up with an auto-cli in a few months.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

Very nice! Is this your highest limit?

No, thats why I was surprised. My highest card is with Chase.... figured the 5k approval sounded about right (with total exposure with chase). Thats why I was shocked to hear the approval was higher.

Message 5 of 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I have that card and it's absolutely fantastic.

I was surprised to see you had only been granted a 5k CL since it's usually much higher than that. Given the kinds of people that would be seriously interested in applying (and their corresponding scores), the starting CLs are almost always well into the 5 digits.

22k is great, and if you use it heavily you might end up with an auto-cli in a few months.

Yeah I am pretty excited about it. I got the card mainly because of the lounge access.... my last 4 delayed flights pushed me over to seriously considering it. Besides... the extra perks with the card also make the deal sweeter.

Message 6 of 7
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Old thread but anyway...

Congrats! I've heard stories where the screen always says 5K on approval, but their CL always ends up being much higher. The CPU automates the 5K, then the next business hour/day, the CSR will look at your numbers and put in the appropriate CL.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.