Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Making multiple payments per month

tag
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase - Making multiple payments per month

I make probably 20 payments a statement from my Chase account and they seem to have no problem. I've got the $500 limit though so perhaps that makes them a little more understanding. I don't see why they would either.

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 21 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Pay your bill by your due date...and Chase is cool. The don't care how many times you pay them...as long as they get paid Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 22 of 23
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@thebostonredsox wrote:

Does Chase frown on making multiple payments per month?

In general, creditors don't complain about getting paid.  Chase does limit the number of payments you can make but I don't recall the limit off the top of my head.

@jenn_bar wrote:

>As much as I wish there was a legit practice they use that we could abide by, I don't really think there is.

Not understanding or knowing the criteria doesn't make it illegitimate.  It's never a matter of just one factor either.  Credit varies from person to person.  Underwriting criteria vary from creditor to creditor.  One can't assume that everyone will get the same CLI's based solely on payment pattern.

I would presume it's the same for all cards, but I don't know that for fact.  I DO know that, for Sapphire Preferred, JP Morgan Select, and Slate, it's one payment every 3 days; payments have to be spaced out. Otherwise, they don't care about the total number as long as it's within that limitation, nor do they care about the amount.  As has been said, as long as they get their money.... Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.