Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott now 5/24?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Marriott now 5/24?

I was thinking of applying but I'm way beyond 5 cards in two years. I've heard mixed results about it being a part of the 5/24 rule.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott now 5/24?

I've heard Marriott, yes. Ritz I've heard both ways, more on the no-side more recently. 

Message 2 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have read some mixed data as well. If you an afford to blow the HP, you can always just apply and see what happens.

Message 3 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I don't recall hearing anything definitive on this either. I guess it does come down to whether you want to use a HP to see.as kdm suggested.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have read some mixed data as well. If you an afford to blow the HP, you can always just apply and see what happens.

darn you kdm, with logic like that you'll tempt me to apply for the Ritz just to see what happens! Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

darn you kdm, with logic like that you'll tempt me to apply for the Ritz just to see what happens! Smiley Tongue

You have enough new cards! Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You have enough new cards! Smiley Tongue

True that.. could get rid of 6 today without batting an eye... but you did say "if you can afford to blow the HP".... which I totally could. What's the worst that could happen? lol

Message 7 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

From what I have seen  Marriott business, Hyatt, IHG, and Fairmont co-brand cards are being approved for people over 5/24. People are getting rejected on the personal marriott card, so I think the chances of gett8ng a ritz isn't that great. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't Chase clear about what IS or ISN'T? I'd assume the rep would be upfront and honest about it?
Message 9 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Isn't Chase clear about what IS or ISN'T? I'd assume the rep would be upfront and honest about it?

No they aren't. For the cards that don't fall into the 5/24 rule you will get some reps that will still deny you based on a 5/24 claim while others won't. Really the goal here is if you are over 5/24 to avoid talking to a rep at all. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.