Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Mastercards Changing to VISA

tag
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

Re: Chase Mastercards Changing to VISA

@Anonymous wrote:
nmbrsgrl - your lumping them together is pretty much spot on. Many years ago the two networks often were not available at the same merchants. Over time they started appearing together at the same merchants and processing and the like have evolved allowing merchants to take several different merchant networks at the same time (look at gas pumps and see all the various networks they accept). Some travelers report that some networks are more accepted in one country over another so the idea was have a card on each network just in case. As to AX and Discover it has been pretty common to find areas where they were not as available. Many travelers on this website have found more acceptance of Discover and not as many problems on the need for EMV Chip Cards as originally thought (not factoring in security).

Thank you for the response Wanderer!

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 37
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Smiley Sad Just got my conversion notice today to a Visa.  So will the Visa be a singature version for a 10k line?

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 32 of 37
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Smiley Sad Just got my conversion notice today to a Visa.  So will the Visa be a singature version for a 10k line?

I think it will.

Message 33 of 37
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

i just recently checked my chase account and looks like i am getting switched soon because they changed my account number already :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 34 of 37
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

i just recently checked my chase account and looks like i am getting switched soon because they changed my account number already :-(

I'm waiting to see what happens to my Freedom MC, since I already have a Freedom Visa. I received balance transfer checks the other day for the MC account that simply said "Chase" on them, no mention of Freedom.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 35 of 37
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

I'm waiting to see what happens to my Freedom MC, since I already have a Freedom Visa. I received balance transfer checks the other day for the MC account that simply said "Chase" on them, no mention of Freedom.

I am wondering when my card will arrive and will they force me to switch ? Or can i just use this card until card expires. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 36 of 37
stone
Regular Contributor

Got my new VISA freedom today, and its a chip card. it also indicated that old mastercard will disable on Nov. 13

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.