Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase MileagePlus Explorer Offers?

tag
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Chase MileagePlus Explorer Offers?

I was just going through my mail in an old e-mail account (which I haven't used in over a year!) and I see this:

Except, the offer expired 05/31/2012! A quick google search led me to a similar offer from a month ago, 65k bonus miles, only difference there is a minimum spending requirement; $3000 in 3 months. But this one had no minimum spend. I guess my question is, do they still make offers like this, or was this basically a one time deal? Any and all recent experiences are welcome!

P.S. The current public offer is for 30k bonus miles with $1000 in 3 months.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Re: Chase MileagePlus Explorer Offers?

I think for a short while there were targeted offers this year (links on FT) that had the 50k offer after 1k spend in the first 3 months.  the 10k bonus after 25k spend is always around and the 5k bonus for an AU i believe is still in play.  I added the card to my wallet back in the end of May and successfully received the 50k bonus points.  Long story short, I think the card still has these offers from time to time.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 2 of 12
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Check your messages! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I just got one today, 30,000 after $1000 spend in 3 months. "You have been selected to apply . . ."
I figured it's just a mailing to all mileage plus members, I don't think I have a chance in H of getting approved for a Visa sig.
Message 4 of 12
SPreb
Regular Contributor

I recently got my mileage plus explorer. Didn't qualify for the signature by a long way I think. Got a 2k limit. I hit them up on the secured message and was informed that the bonus offer on my card was 50k miles for 2k spending in 3 months. I got multiple offers in the mail. I don't remember which one I referenced if any.

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 5 of 12
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

Thanks jenn! I checked it out, and it does seem like this might work. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place; I'm not exactly sure if I wanna do it right now, but I've got about 10k miles that are scheduled to expire September 30th... Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 12
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

Thanks jenn! I checked it out, and it does seem like this might work. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place; I'm not exactly sure if I wanna do it right now, but I've got about 10k miles that are scheduled to expire September 30th... Smiley Indifferent

Yikes. Yes, I believe the only way to reserve them is to spend them or get the card so they last as long as your card does. Worried for any particular reason?

Message 7 of 12
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

5 new accounts since June 18th, and two more useless HPs on one report to graduate CITI secured to unsecured!

Message 8 of 12
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

5 new accounts since June 18th, and two more useless HPs on one report to graduate CITI secured to unsecured!

Oh totally understand! I am nervous to apply and I have two new accounts since that date. Mind you, you can always try to spread the CL around on your Chase cards. I don't have experience with this, so I don't know how promising it is. I would hope that if you have $5k to throw onto the Explorer card, you might be okay. Someone can help more with experience?

Message 9 of 12
noobody
Established Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

do some mileage plus shopping,

i bought $1 buy.com GC from aa advantage mall, to earn me 1 extra AA mile, then my mileage extend another 18 month, 

sine all malls are similar, try mileage plus mall shopping to earn some miles and extend your expiration date

if you want to be sure, DO NOT buy GC, as most time they are exclude from T&C

BTW i got my card in Feb and earn 55K miles after 1k spending and add an AU

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.