Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Military Star MC CLI

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Military Star MC CLI

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Time to make a PX run! Smiley Very Happy --or I guess a BX run for you Air Force types.

Congrats!

BX for us AF as you said. Tax free, cant beat that.

Watch out for that annual performance eval if you don't pay Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@HoahCredit wrote:

FYI,

this is how I got Chase to increase my credit limit on my Chase Military Star Master Card.

I received a CLI for my Military Chase Star MasterCard two days ago. This is how I did it. I called and spoke with the CR. She asked me a few question and approved me for $1000 increase. I said that have the card for over four years and that I have an excellent credit score as well as payment history with them. Then she asked me why I wanted the increase. MY responded was: "the card has an excellent rewards program and if they increase my credit limit I can stop using other cards and used only theirs". I was then transferred to an account manager. She reviewed my entire credit report with me. She asked me about some outstanding balances and I said that I usually pay my balances in full by the end of the month. After a few more questions she said the following "I approved the CLI but I have to send it up for management approval. You'll have an answer in two or three days" Three days later I checked my account online and to my surprised, they increased my credit line from $2000 to $8000.

Thanks for the update!

This was a 2009 thread, and we haven't had much new info about this card since then.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

Not problem.. Any time Smiley Happy

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 13 of 15
USAF1988

I also have a Chase Military Star Card and the only credit increase that I have seen it a $500 increase about a year ago.  My limit is $1,500.  I've had the card for about three years now.  I have the Original Star card which has a $8,700 limit.  I'm thinking about calling them to see if I can get an increase as well.  It's the lowest limit I have out of all of my CC's (Original Star Card - $8,700, USAA World MC $8,000, AE VISA - $4,750).  I am thinking about getting rid of it if they don't increase the limit.

Good to know that it worked out for you!

Message 14 of 15
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

USAF1988,

I was, for a while, upset with Chase for the lack of CLI but I will suggest you to call them up. They will do a hard pull but it is worth it. Good luck and keep us posted.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.