Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC - Restriction

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Chase PC - Restriction

OP when did you pay the AF for the Reserve?

What is special about the December 20 date, and that is December 20, 2019?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I already have a Freedom, I don't like holding 2 of the same cards lol
Message 12 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Man, I don't even remember I know I got the card sometime in August which is when I got an email from them saying that they sent out the card, I don't even remember having to wait until December honestly. But I believe I paid the AF sometime in March or April. The rep just says I have to wait until Dec 20 for some odd reason.
Message 13 of 28
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
I already have a Freedom, I don't like holding 2 of the same cards lol

Most cash back fans and UR enthusiasts would be pretty happy to have a 2nd Freedom. It sounds like aesthetics matter more than rewards, in which case you don't have a lot of PC options within the personal UR lineup. Don't pay an AF just for the sake of having a metal card, though.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I'm going to just call back every month. But, I know from what a rep said that you could PC 2x a year. So, I'ma just give the guy a benefit of a doubt and say it's in December "20", and see if I could PC then.
Message 15 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

So, I was looking through my statement over the past 2 years, and I saw that my AF was in April, but when I looked at the annual travel credit it says my next one is in Dec when it closes. And I remember it took a couple of months for the AF to hit so I guess the rep was right, I'll just wait until like late Dec and I'm sure that I could downgrade the card, I wouldn't think there would be a limit on how many time you can up/downgrade.
Message 16 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Chase PC - Restriction

I called the rep from sapphire team and she said that the reserve isn't eligible for downgrade/product change especially for that card, I'm assuming that it could never be product change and so I came to a conclusion, I'm going to close down the card and call it a lost after 3 years... but whatever, I'm thinking about transferring all my points to hyatt that way the points don't expire hopefully and that I will spread the CL from the reserve to the other cards. They will send me a letter explaining why the card can not be change in a week so I will keep you guys updated. Honestly, people saying I wish I could be with Chase and Amex and all that, its not really a big deal, you guys aren't missing out whatsoever. I thought that I would be good with them but I could also be good without them as well. I never had Chase cards until like late 2016 so it wouldnt matter anyways. 

Message 17 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Why not wait until December, which is only a few months away? Then, if at that point the account has been restricted for the downgrade then reallocate CL and close.

But, as far as Chase or AmEx goes, it's a matter of preference on what people value with those products. That said, it sound like you've had a good run given the opportunities that you've had with CSR and the travel credit and the number of PCs they've allowed for your account.
Message 18 of 28
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

I called the rep from sapphire team and she said that the reserve isn't eligible for downgrade/product change especially for that card, I'm assuming that it could never be product change and so I came to a conclusion, I'm going to close down the card and call it a lost after 3 years... but whatever, I'm thinking about transferring all my points to hyatt that way the points don't expire hopefully and that I will spread the CL from the reserve to the other cards. They will send me a letter explaining why the card can not be change in a week so I will keep you guys updated. Honestly, people saying I wish I could be with Chase and Amex and all that, its not really a big deal, you guys aren't missing out whatsoever. I thought that I would be good with them but I could also be good without them as well. I never had Chase cards until like late 2016 so it wouldnt matter anyways. 

I assume you have a Hyatt card, or stay there occasionally? Keep in mind Hyatt has no online shopping portal to extend point expiration between infrequent stays. Without a Hyatt card or stays, points expire after 24 months.

Plenty of people like AF Amex and Chase cards. They are satisfied with them as they are and have no desire to PC every few months, so such restrictions to limit the potential for customer abuse are not a problem.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Yes, I have the Hyatt credit card. But, what I was thinking is, would it be possible to downgrade the Reserve to the Preferred then to the old sapphire and then to the FU?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.