Chase Palladium how can apply ??

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

@Crashem wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@ Crashem

You are correct the back door approach is closed. I just reconfirmed with mine.

If OP really wants to apply for a Palladium, it's through CPC whether he chooses that branch or another it is his choice.

If it is a big branch, he doesn't even have to move branch.  He can just go to other CPC banker.  Personally, I think there is way too much paranoia here.  I think the reality of the situation currently is that only existing CPC or PB customers are eligible for Palladium.

There is no discrimination going on because there is nothing for them to discriminate on as they aren't making any decisions.  There is no "talking" the banker into accepting an application for you.  If the CPC banker made the OP feel bad or OP just didn't like the CPC's breath, then go to another CPC banker.  If he wants the card, he is going to need to open CPC or PB (if things have changed) account.  I'm sure there is a nearby Chase banker who would be happy to take his money and do it in a pleasant manner.

+1

There's two sides to every story.  And, I find it difficult to believe that any CPC banker would've turned away any potential business/banking relationship... especially, given that a variety of HNW/UHNW banking relationships (depending on the target market/footprint) deal with a very diverse population.

Message 31 of 53
bribro
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@ Crashem

You are correct the back door approach is closed. I just reconfirmed with mine.

If OP really wants to apply for a Palladium, it's through CPC whether he chooses that branch or another it is his choice.

If it is a big branch, he doesn't even have to move branch.  He can just go to other CPC banker.  Personally, I think there is way too much paranoia here.  I think the reality of the situation currently is that only existing CPC or PB customers are eligible for Palladium.

There is no discrimination going on because there is nothing for them to discriminate on as they aren't making any decisions.  There is no "talking" the banker into accepting an application for you.  If the CPC banker made the OP feel bad or OP just didn't like the CPC's breath, then go to another CPC banker.  If he wants the card, he is going to need to open CPC or PB (if things have changed) account.  I'm sure there is a nearby Chase banker who would be happy to take his money and do it in a pleasant manner.

+1

There's two sides to every story.  And, I find it difficult to believe that any CPC banker would've turned away any potential business/banking relationship... especially, given that a variety of HNW/UHNW banking relationships (depending on the target market/footprint) deal with a very diverse population.

This is definitely true in the SF Bay Area. The richest guy in the room is often the one wearing a worn out T-shirt and jeans.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 32 of 53
sjt
Senior Contributor

@bribro wrote:

This is definitely true in the SF Bay Area. The richest guy in the room is often the one wearing a worn out T-shirt and jeans.

+1

But chances are the guy's jeans are $500, T-Shirt, $200, and wearing $200 Flip Flops.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 33 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@bribro wrote:

+1

But chances are the guy's jeans are $500, T-Shirt, $200, and wearing $200 Flip Flops.

+2

Let me guess, is he a hipster wearing clothing that's made to look worn-out? Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 34 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 35 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I miss the Bay Area...thanks for the visual. Smiley Tongue

I do but don't at the same time. It's good to visit home once in awhile, but the people there are so... boring. I'm honestly not quite sure how else to describe it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 36 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 37 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I do but don't at the same time. It's good to visit home once in awhile, but the people there are so... boring. I'm honestly not quite sure how else to describe it.

Ouch I live there.  Where are there more interesting people?  Btw, I wear jeans and t-shirts often.  And the holes in my jeans are mostly self made through normal wear and tear.  BTW, this isn't hard since these multi hundred dollar jeans seem to be made of paper and wear ridiculously easy vs the 501s that are still good from college (which was a LONG time ago).

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 38 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was born and raised there...family still lives there too. But, I honestly can only visit.

But, back on topic- OP, if you are seriously considering applying for this card. App and keep us posted.
Message 39 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Ouch I live there.  Where are there more interesting people?  Btw, I wear jeans and t-shirts often.  And the holes in my jeans are mostly self made through normal wear and tear.  BTW, this isn't hard since these multi hundred dollar jeans seem to be made of paper and wear ridiculously easy vs the 501s that are still good from college (which was a LONG time ago).

I lived there for the majority of my life as well, but now I only fly back a few times a year to see family. Come down to AUS and you'll find more interesting people here Smiley Happy

One thing I noticed the last time I went back home was the prevalence of grey, white and black cars. Very neutral, very bland. I think it's a reflection of the people there as well. Here there are all kinds of colours that are bright, highly visible and dare I say somewhat loud. Red, orange, yellow, purple, etc.

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.