Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Payment Hold Policy

tag
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Chase Payment Hold Policy

I've had to call Chase 4 times to get a payment hold removed due to a sudden change in their policy.

Each time I've had to do this the CSR apologized, stating this has been happening a lot due to a new policy they put into effect last month.

They were able to release the payments, after a lengthy hold time, and a phone call to the bank the payment was made from, otherwise my credit limit would be tied up for NEARLY 10 days. 

Given my small limit of 3k I make payments every friday, so that my utilization stays at nearly zero. 

This is very very annoying, anyone else experiencing this? The CSR think they're reassuring me by telling me this has been happening a lot for many people, not sure if they're just blowing smoke up my butt or what.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Payment Hold Policy

Is this a relatively new account?  Neither DW nor myself have had any issues with payments going through immediately when scheduled.

Message 2 of 18
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Will be turning 3 months old, the weird thing is my first month I was making weekly payments and had zero issues. This only started halfway through my second statement period.

I do this with ALL my credit cards and have never had an issue until now.

Very annoying, especially considering I bank with BOA and the hold times to get a CSR on the phone to confirm the payment has cleared can sometimes take up to 15 minutes! The alternative is to wait 10 days and have my CL hamstrung. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems here...My Chase cards are only 7 months old and I pay weekly.  Typically my payment posts within 24 hours and my CL reflects the same.  

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea this is odd have you ever had a returned payment on this account?

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems our payments run between $1K and $2K

Message 6 of 18
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

I have never had a returned payment at all in many years! Which makes this such a headscratcher for me.

Mobile Banking Apps have been a godsend for me and keeping up with nearly a down-to-the-second update on balances :3

Message 7 of 18
tcbofade
Super Contributor

While I have not experienced this, I don't make weekly payments either...  the payments that I DO make generally post by the next day. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 8 of 18
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

I guess then the best thing I can do is slow down on using it. 

I was putting heavy use on the card with the hopes that I could get a CLI the good old fashioned way. But not at the expense of my utilization.

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would just slow down the constant payments. I know it stinks but Chase auto luv is like trying to win the lottery, it happens only if it's meant to beSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.