Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Payment Hold Policy

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Payment Hold Policy

Not sure if you have an interest in getting a Chase checking account, but when I make payments from it to any of our Chase cards, the CL becomes available immediately.
If I use a different bank, it posts by the next day.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

$3k is no toy limit, are you really putting 10k+ through this card monthly where you need to make weekly payments?
Message 12 of 18
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Cumulatively, between my BOA CC and AMEX I usually have about 12k/month in spending.

I’ve been shifting my spending to accommodate my chase card so I can get an automatic CLI at some point.

Doing that without a weekly payment would be tough. :3
Message 13 of 18
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I would continue putting heavy usage but stagger your payments to bi-weekly if you can. If not, then split the usage up between 2 cards (or 3, or however many). Getting a CLI from Chase is trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The suggestion to open a Chase Checking account is a sound one ( you will get a $200 bonus for doing so).  I always pay my Chase cards from the Chase account and I've never had an issue.  The only downside to a Chase account is that you have to DD $500 monthly or keep a balance of at least $1500 to avoid monthly fees.  But I use Chase as my banking hub so that's not a problem for me.

Chase usually gives a small CLI at the 4th statement cut so you'll likely get one anyway.  But in general, trying to prompt an auto-CLI from Chase by running up spending is wasted effort.  If you really want a CLI you'll have to spend a hard pull.

Message 15 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Is this a relatively new account?  Neither DW nor myself have had any issues with payments going through immediately when scheduled.

+1

The payments that I send from USAA's billpay also have no hold, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Note that I don't usually make multiple payments in a month, though.  Occasionally I'll make two in a month, but again they post as expected.

Message 16 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@QuakerOatmeal wrote:
Cumulatively, between my BOA CC and AMEX I usually have about 12k/month in spending.

I’ve been shifting my spending to accommodate my chase card so I can get an automatic CLI at some point.

Doing that without a weekly payment would be tough. :3

Do you only use one checking account to pay Chase or different checking accounts? 

Message 17 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Spending well over your credit limit each month is a red flag to many lenders.

It’s obviously a loss prevention issue. I would open a chase checking account if you plan to repeatedly spend that much over your CL every month. That way chase can see where the money is coming from and know that it’s available

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.