Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Platinum = Chase Freedom?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Platinum = Chase Freedom?

Just curious, wanted to ask this a few months ago but never got around to it. I applied for for a Chase Freedom MasterCard was approved and for the welcoming email i got a few days later it said Chase Platinum instead of Chase Freedom.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Platinum = Chase Freedom?

@Anonymous wrote:
Just curious, wanted to ask this a few months ago but never got around to it. I applied for for a Chase Freedom MasterCard was approved and for the welcoming email i got a few days later it said Chase Platinum instead of Chase Freedom.

Not the same card. Platinum = no rewards, Freedom = rewards.
Message 2 of 17
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Chase Platinum was changed to Chase Slate (which, of course, doesn't have any rewards)
***From ashy to classy***
Message 3 of 17
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Which one is their most basic card? Basically the card that people with good but not excellent credit stand a chance of getting approved for?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess Chase just made a mistake, i did receive a Chase Freedom Card and thats what i applied for but got the Chase Platinum welcome email.

Going to see about doing a product change to the Sapphire in a few months. Anybody had any luck with that?

Message Edited by IIIII on 11-18-2009 07:59 AM
Message 5 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:
Which one is their most basic card? Basically the card that people with good but not excellent credit stand a chance of getting approved for?

What are your scores & baddies?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

Platinum now Slate, but if you do not have pretty good credit I would not waste an app.
Message 7 of 17
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

My scores aren't satisfactory yet (663 TransUnion FICO, 644 Equifax FICO, and 654 Experian PLUS) but they've been improving every month. But I was thinking that at least 6 months - 1 year from now I'd apply for a Chase card since acquiring a Chase credit card is one of my main goals since I've been banking with them since 2003.. I've got my utilization under control. TransUnion has it at 4%, Equifax has it at 3% and Experian has the percentage of my Revolving Credit Available as 97%. I plan on maintaining and even lowering the utilization percentages over the course of the next few months in hopes of bettering my scores.

My baddies are a bunch of late payments on my student loan. The worst of which happened sometime between 2003 - 2005.. The most recent ones are over a year old. On the plus side, one of my student loans is about to get obliterated early next month and then I can focus on getting rid of the second loan, hopefully before the new year.

I wasted an inquiry applying for the Amazon visa (what the hell was I thinking??) and Chase sent me a denial letter stating that I had too many recent inquiries. They didn't even mention any of the baddies.Same thing with Capital One, so that gives me a little bit of hope. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

Platinum now Slate, but if you do not have pretty good credit I would not waste an app.

Yeah, I plan on holding off for a while. I currently have 5 cards (MasterCards and store cards) that I'm currently building some positive credit history with and hoping to reap the FICO rewards down the line. I always got the feeling that Chase was somewhat of a tough bank to get credit with so I'd like for my credit profile to look pretty decent before going full steam ahead and applying with them.

Message 9 of 17
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

My scores aren't satisfactory yet (663 TransUnion FICO, 644 Equifax FICO, and 654 Experian PLUS) but they've been improving every month. But I was thinking that at least 6 months - 1 year from now I'd apply for a Chase card since acquiring a Chase credit card is one of my main goals since I've been banking with them since 2003.. I've got my utilization under control. TransUnion has it at 4%, Equifax has it at 3% and Experian has the percentage of my Revolving Credit Available as 97%. I plan on maintaining and even lowering the utilization percentages over the course of the next few months in hopes of bettering my scores.

My baddies are a bunch of late payments on my student loan. The worst of which happened sometime between 2003 - 2005.. The most recent ones are over a year old. On the plus side, one of my student loans is about to get obliterated early next month and then I can focus on getting rid of the second loan, hopefully before the new year.

I wasted an inquiry applying for the Amazon visa (what the hell was I thinking??) and Chase sent me a denial letter stating that I had too many recent inquiries. They didn't even mention any of the baddies.Same thing with Capital One, so that gives me a little bit of hope. Smiley Happy

You should recon...I have plenty of baddies (4 on EQ, 16 on TU, 4 on EX...all older than 2 years) and I was originally denied by Chase, with scores very similar to yours (I applied approx. 3 weeks ago).  I called in explained everything, and basically asked for a "shot" and a low limit, and they gave me a $1500 Chase Slate...which I converted to a Chase Freedom (since it also has Blueprint along with the Rewards)

Message Edited by BP2003 on 11-18-2009 10:04 AM
***From ashy to classy***
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.