cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre Approval Page - Glean Any Info?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Chase Pre Approval Page - Glean Any Info?

So after having high balances for a while there, the Chase pre-approval page is now showing im pre-approve for Slate again (already have Freedom). Is this a good sign? For example...any guesses on if this means my chances of a CLI on my Freedom is a little more likely?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Pre Approval Page - Glean Any Info?

Like any preapprovals, they are not an accurate indicator of approval odds, though they are also kinda the best out there.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I find the chase pre-approvals to be quite accurate... now how that translates to CLI seems not an = comparison since for some reason Chase seems to like giving out new accounts more so than rewarding current customers with higher CL's

Message 3 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Like any preapprovals, they are not an accurate indicator of approval odds, though they are also kinda the best out there.

Well i know they arent exactly accurate for automatic approvals but does that mean the internal scoring or soemthing like that may have been updated?

It just weird how i pull my scores a week ago and KNOW they are much better than when i had pre-approvals for years a while ago...yet i wasnt being pre approved for the past few months. Now all of a sudden im pre-approved and nothing on my reports has changed... and i check almost daily just to guage where i stand. :-)

Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Well i know they arent exactly accurate for automatic approvals but does that mean the internal scoring or soemthing like that may have been updated?

It just weird how i pull my scores a week ago and KNOW they are much better than when i had pre-approvals for years a while ago...yet i wasnt being pre approved for the past few months. Now all of a sudden im pre-approved and nothing on my reports has changed... and i check almost daily just to guage where i stand. :-)

What changed is you have that Ink!

Id take the pre-approval and then you can move some or all the CL over to freedom!

Message 5 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Id take the pre-approval and then you can move some or all the CL over to freedom!

Well i was approved for the INK a week or two ago...but that doesnt report to personal credit reports. I guess Chase would internally be away they gave me a $5k Chase Ink card but...

i dont really want the Chase Slate pre-approval...im not sure what you mean by move the CL over to Freedom?

Message 6 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

Oh whoa...wait...you mean accept the Slate approval, then just consolidate whatever that limit in to the Freedom, immediately and instantly close the Slate?

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Oh whoa...wait...you mean accept the Slate approval, then just consolidate whatever that limit in to the Freedom, immediately and instantly close the Slate?

Yes... but you might have to wait 30 days after opening... not sure if you can do it instantly but I think you can with chase.

Message 8 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Yes... but you might have to wait 30 days after opening... not sure if you can do it instantly but I think you can with chase.

Thats a very creative idea...is this a common thing to do?

Figure if your going to have a hard credit pull either way...probably a better chance of getting a larger line that way...yeah?

Message 9 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Combining-Credit-Limits-Chase/td-p/846084/page/2

this thread is pretty old but it says you can...

can anyone confirm if you can open a new account and just combine it with your current Chase card right after approval as a psudo-CLI? lol

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.