Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Product change from Freedom Unlimited

tag
Kinglord
Regular Contributor

Chase Product change from Freedom Unlimited

Can I product change from Freedom Unlimited to the Amazon Visa?

I believe I read Chase has restriictions between groups of cards, does anyone have the info or chart I believe ive seen.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Product change from Freedom Unlimited

No, you cannot PC from a Chase UR card to a cobranded card.  Believe me, if I could, I would've done it already.

AskSebby on YouTube has an excellent video explaining the product change rules for Chase.

Message 2 of 12
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Think of chase as a small town, with several small communities. Within those communities there are tiers of houses and they'll let you move to any house in that community (with a few restrictions of course), but never to a home outside your community. 

UR cards can be changed to any other UR card (freedom, freedom unlimited, sapphire, sapphire preferred and sapphire reserve). 

Southwest cards can only be changed to a different southwest card. United cards can only be changed to a different United Card. Marriott cards can only be changed to other Marriott cards. 

They don't support changing communities (or brands). You cannot move into the Amazon community, but if you already have one you can alternate between the base and prime cards. 

I've always thought chase has a pretty lenient setup for moving around, but it does have some parameters. hope this helps

Message 3 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Think of chase as a small town, with several small communities. Within those communities there are tiers of houses and they'll let you move to any house in that community (with a few restrictions of course), but never to a home outside your community. 

UR cards can be changed to any other UR card (freedom, freedom unlimited, sapphire, sapphire preferred and sapphire reserve). 

Southwest cards can only be changed to a different southwest card. United cards can only be changed to a different United Card. Marriott cards can only be changed to other Marriott cards. 

They don't support changing communities (or brands). You cannot move into the Amazon community, but if you already have one you can alternate between the base and prime cards. 

I've always thought chase has a pretty lenient setup for moving around, but it does have some parameters. hope this helps

No, that makes absolutely no sense. I dont buy it at all. 

Please list your sources...

Nevermind me, I'm just trying to find excuses not to go grocery shopping 😂😂😂

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

No, that makes absolutely no sense. I dont buy it at all. 

Please list your sources...

Nevermind me, I'm just trying to find excuses not to go grocery shopping 😂😂😂

The major objection that JPMC lawyers have to this analogy is one of scale.   Chase is NOT a small town, it is a giant thriving continent with lots of different wonderful countries.   And while you may not be able to move from country to country, there is nothing to prevent you (providing you are the right type of person) purchasing homes in several different countries.   In fact, you should!   "Collect 'em all.  Not just a slogan, more a way of life" 

Message 5 of 12
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

LMBO @Remedios  and @longtimelurker 

Everybody is so extra today LOL love this forum! 

Message 6 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

LMBO @Remedios  and @longtimelurker 

Everybody is so extra today LOL love this forum! 

Oh, do not bundle me with @longtimelurker 

He's salty, I'm cute. 

Big difference there 

Message 7 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

He's salty, I'm cute. 

Big difference there 

So not true!   I just asked 10 of my imaginary friends and they said I was cute.  Well, sort of.   Yes I know the other 343 said they would rather not answer but I'm sure they thought so too.

Message 8 of 12
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

LOL @longtimelurker 

"the other 343 would rather not answer" .. I understood that as "I'm definitely the Alpha" lol

Message 9 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

He's salty, I'm cute. 

Big difference there 

So not true!   I just asked 10 of my imaginary friends and they said I was cute.  Well, sort of.   Yes I know the other 343 said they would rather not answer but I'm sure they thought so too.

According to Credit Karma, you have below average number of imaginary friends. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.