Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Product change from Freedom Unlimited

Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Product change from Freedom Unlimited

@MrDisco99 wrote:

No, you cannot PC from a Chase UR card to a cobranded card.  Believe me, if I could, I would've done it already.


AskSebby on YouTube has an excellent video explaining the product change rules for Chase.

It appears he reads myFICO so perhaps we have set him straight, but given his track record Sebby is the last person I would look to on advice for Chase products.  He's made the very incorrect statements that there were no product change options for Chase Marriott and Ritz-Carlton cards (when there were like 8 PC options in the family) and that authorized users of Chase cards were not eligible to receive a SUB if they applied for their own card.  That's just two Chase examples; always monetization over accuracy.

Message 11 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Product change from Freedom Unlimited

And some PCs may be one-way. Chase will keep some old cards active while AFAIK closing them to new apps. You can PC out but not necessarily back in.


$49 IHG, $75 Hyatt, United Presidential Plus.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE

Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.