Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pulls

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Chase Pulls

I recently app'd for the CSP, yesterday I got an alert about a hard pull from Credit Karma (TU) and today one from Credit Sesame from First USA NA.  Googling told me that this is also Chase. 

I was somewhat surprised at the double pull (maybe triple, haven't checked) but some posts on the internet say that that is becoming much more common with Chase (e.g. "Chase is getting to be like Cap One" type stuff).  But I don't recall seeing that mentioned here.   Are people getting double pulled on Chase apps?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Pulls

I only recieved a pull from experian when i got a CLI last week

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 2 of 36
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

They pulled TU on me earlier this week.  Than two days later I received a SW that they also pulled EQ.  Out of curiosity I checked EX and sure enough they pulled that one too.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 3 of 36
Layered
Established Member

I applied for CSP and requested for a CLI on Chase Freedom on the same day and they pulled twice from Experian... It's a hard inquiry every time you make a request.

Message 4 of 36
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Kathy4NU wrote:

They pulled TU on me earlier this week.  Than two days later I received a SW that they also pulled EQ.  Out of curiosity I checked EX and sure enough they pulled that one too.

Nice, so Cap One style indeed!  Was this applying for a card or a CLI?  

Message 5 of 36
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Layered wrote:

I applied for CSP and requested for a CLI on Chase Freedom on the same day and they pulled twice from Experian... It's a hard inquiry every time you make a request.

That seems a little unnecessary (and Exp counts it as two?) but  you didn't get pulled anywhere but EX?  So maybe multiple CRA pulls are not yet the norm...

Message 6 of 36
gmason
Contributor

Double-pull for me last Sunday. Initial denial because of BK7 without a hard pull. Upon recon, Chase pulled both EX and TU. The TU has not caught up with several of my payments, but EX is extremely quick. If they pulled TU first, I'm glad that they also pulled EX.

Message 7 of 36
Layered
Established Member

@bs6054 wrote:

@Layered wrote:

That seems a little unnecessary (and Exp counts it as two?) but  you didn't get pulled anywhere but EX?  So maybe multiple CRA pulls are not yet the norm...

counted as two and both from Experian only

Message 8 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 36
bs6054
Valued Contributor

So finally did a three bureau pull,

Chase was only two, EX and TU, but I found that Citi has also been pulling two (EX and EQ) for my three apps since Dec.

Penfed, FIA and US Bank only did one in Oct/Nov.  Maybe my report is becoming suspicious enough to require two pulls....

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.