Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reallocating CL to other Chase Card is as Easy as 123

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Reallocating CL to other Chase Card is as Easy as 123

Just tried this today..

I sent a Secured message requesting to transfer $1000 of my $2000 CL to my Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card.

After 3hrs I received a response and it was complete!

I just gave myself a CLI of $1000. My Amazon Prime Rewards Card is now $3000 from $2000.

Also no HP.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Reallocating CL to other Chase Card is as Easy as 123

Yes, as has been said here many many times.   No problem with Chase,  easy with Amex after time limit (which might be being waived), often a real pain with Citi.

Message 2 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

DW just transferred her FU 7k CL to her CSP to make it 50.4k last week, no issues what so ever Smiley Happy!
Message 3 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
DW just transferred her FU 7k CL to her CSP to make it 50.4k last week, no issues what so ever Smiley Happy!

Why? If I had the FU and was building up  Chase URs i'd probably be putting most my spend on the FU card and only the bonus categories on the CSP. Not saying that is the wrong move because everyone is different, but I was just curious about the logic. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 11
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

CSP doesn't have revolving categories. It's the other way around...but yes, would definitely double dip but what works for one doesn't work for all.
Message 5 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@The_Gazelle12 wrote:
CSP doesn't have revolving categories. It's the other way around...but yes, would definitely double dip but what works for one doesn't work for all.

As I recall neither card has rotating categories. The Freedom Unlimited is a flat 1.5% card. The CSP has bonus categories but they do not rotate. 

;
Message 6 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Red, she uses her Citi DC for 2% since we always PIF and are in no rush to cash our rewards it's NBD, CSP is only used by me primarily for business purchases and it is also PIF.
Message 7 of 11
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Hmmmmmm. I wonder if I can transfer some of my Marriott Reward CL to my Amazon Prime Rewards Card. My Marriott Rewards balance is $0. I only keep it around for the annual free night and now because I was SPG Gold, I'm Marriott Gold. 

My Amazon Prime CL is $3000. My Marriott Rewards is $5000. Though I can't see spending more than $3000 on either one at one time. 

Message 8 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Red, she uses her Citi DC for 2% since we always PIF and are in no rush to cash our rewards it's NBD, CSP is only used by me primarily for business purchases and it is also PIF.

Oh if she is redeeming for cashback then the freedom unlimited card is a waste compared to a 2% back card. If she wanted to transfer to travel partners via the CSP then the freedom unlimited 1.5 pts per dollar would be mroe valuable than a 2% card. 

;
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm the only one here that's not understanding the OP?

Transferred $1000 from what?  You said you gave yourself a CLI, but it would be at the loss of another CL, so you're netting the same overall limits between the two cards.  I guess I'm not understanding the transfer as a transfer involves two products and only one product was mentioned in the original post.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.