cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon Denied... After being approved.

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Recon Denied... After being approved.

@Salmon wrote:

Well, today was the day. A lady from Chase Card Executive Office who was investigating my case called and told me she had good news! They were opening an account for me with a $2500 CL. This is very surprising to me at this point. If you've been following, my app was approved by (what I believe was a) CSR, then denied in writing , then confirmed denied by a gentleman from one of the backdoor numbers and then approved for the original amount by someone at Chase Card Executive Office. I asked the lady what about the letter and if that was a mistake. She answered that "the system" had automatically turned me down probably because of something in my credit report but after they did a manual check they've decided to approve it. I didn't want to press her any more on that because I am very grateful that they approved me for this card, but there was the man from the backdoor number who took a second look at my credit report and denied my app, citing mostly lack of a history with credit cards.

I don't know if this helps anyone but it comes to show that these things are not so black and white, and a I should add that I was very pleased with how professional everyone I've interacted with at Chase has been.

This card comes just in time as I have a couple of trips planned with United! Free baggage check in! Score!

I am glad it worked out.  I reconned an app with Marathon Visa and was given a $2500.  I think it helped me get my Barclay card yesterday for $2000.  I just hope Chase gives me the card I also applied for with them.  (I want it for the rewards and to replace my Capone card.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.