Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon Success? I think...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Recon Success? I think...

I'm in the garden but before I went I apped for the Chase Sapphire (4/8) and The Freedom Unlimited (4/24). I was approved for the Sapphire (my goal card) but wanted the dream trifecta of Sapphire, Freedom (have already) and Unlimited.

I got the 7-10 day and finally called today on day 10, was denied for to many recent inquiries and establishing credit.

I apped for the Unlimited before I got to 5/24. The CSR transferred me to lending and she asked questions about income, an old collection, etc. She finally came back and said she was recommending it for approval to the next level and I should have the card in 1 to 2 weeks.

Is that an approval or has anyone been overturned again?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Recon Success? I think...

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in the garden but before I went I apped for the Chase Sapphire (4/8) and The Freedom Unlimited (4/24). I was approved for the Sapphire (my goal card) but wanted the dream trifecta of Sapphire, Freedom (have already) and Unlimited.

I got the 7-10 day and finally called today on day 10, was denied for to many recent inquiries and establishing credit.

I apped for the Unlimited before I got to 5/24. The CSR transferred me to lending and she asked questions about income, an old collection, etc. She finally came back and said she was recommending it for approval to the next level and I should have the card in 1 to 2 weeks.

Is that an approval or has anyone been overturned again?

People have definitely still been declined after the frontline lending CSR recommended approval.  A Senior CSR will have to review it for the final decision but it certainly helps that it's been recommended for approval.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

"Recommended for approval" is just what it sounds like; the employee thinks you should be approved, but their boss has the final say. It can go either way, depending on what the next person who reviews it thinks. They may not agree with the original analyst.

But yes, a recommendation for approval is a step closer.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'm hoping to push it through.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 7-10 day message by phone turned into 2 weeks when I called today. Hoping that is a good sign!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update, the 2 week message turned into 30 days when I called the automated line today. Ahhhh the waitSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Went back to 7-10 and was declined but now APPROVED!! I posted details on that forum Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.