cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon "sent to upper management"....

tag
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Chase Recon "sent to upper management"....

Hey Guys, 

Details:

-Applied for Chase Hyatt (currently have a checking account, chase freedom, and generic chase cc from wamu days. So we are in a relationship. lol)

-My EQ Fico is (708) as of a month or two ago

-No baddies or lates in 3 years. 

-Utility around 10percent last statement, lower now. 

-No CL's at 5k, until friday. Was approved instantly for BCP at $5k, and discover CL increased to $6400

-With recent spree, i should have 3 INQ on experian (including this chase) and 1 INQ on TU, 0 on EQ. This is for the past 15 months. 

I have read a lot about the chase Recon. I have had success with them on my Freedom. I have called twice. First time on the weekend i was told that they needed to verify more so it needed to go to the verification or analyst department. Called back this morning on a Monday and i was told it was referred to "upper management" and they will get back in contact with me within 30 days. 

I do not plan to keep calling back as twice i was put on hold, and spoke with detail why i was calling in a polite manner, and both times i was told it was in for review. Is this a bad sign?? Anybody got the "sent to upper management for review" line? i see people usually can get somebody to review the application live and ask questions. I even asked if there is anybody i can talk to and answer anything that might be in question with the application. No go. 

thanks in advance for any feedback. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Recon "sent to upper management"....

Dont despair.  I called the re con line no less than 6 times to get the Freedom.  I applied for the Slate and immediately approved.

Keep calling.  You just need the right person on the line. 

Message 2 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@Pworld wrote:

Hey Guys, 

Details:

-Applied for Chase Hyatt (currently have a checking account, chase freedom, and generic chase cc from wamu days. So we are in a relationship. lol)

-No CL's at 5k, until friday. Was approved instantly for BCP at $5k, and discover CL increased to $6400

-With recent spree, i should have 3 INQ on experian (including this chase) and 1 INQ on TU, 0 on EQ. This is for the past 15 months. 

I have read a lot about the chase Recon. I have had success with them on my Freedom. I have called twice. First time on the weekend i was told that they needed to verify more so it needed to go to the verification or analyst department. Called back this morning on a Monday and i was told it was referred to "upper management" and they will get back in contact with me within 30 days. 

I do not plan to keep calling back as twice i was put on hold, and spoke with detail why i was calling in a polite manner, and both times i was told it was in for review. Is this a bad sign?? Anybody got the "sent to upper management for review" line? i see people usually can get somebody to review the application live and ask questions. I even asked if there is anybody i can talk to and answer anything that might be in question with the application. No go. 

Don't worry too much about it. Most likely they just need to verify something. This can be due to discrepancies on what you wrote on your app vs. the info they have on you. Sometimes they just want to verify your identity, and in certain cases they might want to verify income for example.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Pworld wrote:

Hey Guys, 

Details:

Don't worry too much about it. Most likely they just need to verify something. This can be due to discrepancies on what you wrote on your app vs. the info they have on you. Sometimes they just want to verify your identity, and in certain cases they might want to verify income for example.

At this point I would take it as a good sign. It shows you atleast have a chance vs being completly denied right? I'm sure it'll be fine Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

None of my Chase apps except Freedom were instant approvals. I called recons each time too and they just told me to wait. They said it was pending verifications and nothing can be done to expedite the process. It was somewhat nerve wrecking at first, since the only other lender that didn't instant approve me was Barclays, but I'm already somewhat used to it. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 7
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys!! 

I appreciate the feedback. I will check back end of this week to see if i can get anymore progress, but i see patience and persistence will be the combination on this one. My feedom recon i got to a rep immediately. he reviewed, said he had to have his manager review and call back the next day. I called back the next day and he said i was approved for a low limit. So it seemed a little easier. But i do understand these cards (hyatt, CSP, etc) might have a different process being visa signatures and bigger starting limits. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 6 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

Since you and Chase are in a relationshio Smiley Happy you might see if you can get a banker to call on your behalf.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.