Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Recon

I recently applied too and only got a $500 CL after all the interrogating questions lol. Maybe I can request for more upon activation. I guess we'll see. Does anyone think that is a possibility?
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 31 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd guess if you already had an account they'd transfer you to CLI, but mine was a fresh application and it just rang, got the recorded "Your call may be recorded" then a guy answered and I dealt with him the entire time.
Message 32 of 68
USC08
Frequent Contributor

This is actually my first..
Message 33 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

any clis from chase result in a hard.. so I wouldn't recommend asking for a cli upon activation unless you've had some big changes in your report since you apped
Message 34 of 68
USC08
Frequent Contributor

That makes sense.
Message 35 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im new to the board and trying to learn the lingo Smiley Happy
Whats a Recon number?
I have 5 cc's and Im looking to do a few balance transfers to lower aprs.
Have a score of around 570.
I have one account that is deliquent from a cell phone company...and alot of inquires.

Whats your advice?
Any would be greatly appriciated!
Message 36 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my chase card about a month ago and called on activation to get a CLI.  I called the credit analyst number and there was NO hard pull to get my CL to go from $1500 to $5000, so my advice would be to at least try if you have some other cards with limits higher than the $500 that you've been responsible with. 
Message 37 of 68
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Did you use the backdoor # that was provided in the thread?
(Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) I do have a few higher than $500. I'll give it a try once my card comes in the mail.
Message 38 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jimmy- A recon (reconsideration) is when you call a backdoor number (a number that gets you to an analyst and not a regular customer service rep) to get what you want. This could include credit line increases (cli) Apr drops, or reconing after you were denied a cc through the company.
Message 39 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shelby- I was told there is ALWAYS a hard pull. I'm expecting my new chase any day now. I may call anyways and ASK just in case.- What did you say to them?

Message Edited by AlishaR on 07-08-2008 11:35 AM
Message 40 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.