Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Recon

I was just declined for the Chase Freedom card due to too many inqs, but my scores are about 700. I am planning on calling them for a recon. Any suggestions on what to say? Like how would I explain the inqs and how other lines do you guys use to get them to recon your app. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Recon

Do you have a savings or checking account with them?

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

no Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 5
billsfan14
New Contributor

I hear Chase is pretty easy with recons!  Tell them that you spent a lot of time comparing banks, and with the current economic situation, you fell Chase is best bank to be with for the future.  Tell them you want this to be your primary card, due to it's great rewards.  Also, if you have good payment history mention it.

Just curious, how many INQs do you have and what agency did they pull?  I'm thinking about applying for a Freedom but was just approved for a PerfectCard and don't want to push my luck with Chase too much.

Make sure to check the backdoor number thread!

Jake 

Message 4 of 5
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I would also like to hear some suggestions on how to go about talking to them about reconsidering my app Smiley Happy

So far with billfan14's advice . Prop them up and suck up to them! hehe  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.