cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reconsideration - 4th or 5th Attempt finally got approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Reconsideration - 4th or 5th Attempt finally got approved.

Hi, I have been reading alot of inspirational and hope stories here on the board about credit card denials and reconsideration and what really helped me was the discussion on backdoor numbers.  After having gone through Ch13 in 2008 and finally discharged after payment plans completed in 2011, I have not really worked with the credit bureaus to dispute the incorrect reporting due to the tedious paperwork, etc.

Anyway, I really wanted a card from Chase and came across the Zappos Visa, I applied online, was denied and sent a letter via PlanetFeedback asking for reconsideration.  The reconsideration from Executive was not approved because at the same time I called the Chase recon line and explained myself to the female rep and was denied. She told me she needed to see more re-establishment and to try back maybe in a year or so but no guarantees. 

I called a week later and was denied again after having explained myself to the rep on why there is a BK, etc., then I went back to the forums and scoured to see if there was such a thing as calling Chase recon numerous times because I did not want to look so desperate, so I tried again on my 3rd attempt and the same thing....denied, need to see more re-establishment with creditors...Tried a 4th time and this time they said, I think you tried calling a few days ago, so that was not successful.

Finally today I decided to try one last time and I heard the voice of this lady at the other end and she sounded like a sweet lady that may listen to my explanation, and then she kept saying..."hello, hello is there anyone on the line" as if she could not hear me, so she hung up. I almost gave up because I thought it was a sign that I should just stop calling. But, I called right back and got a nice gentleman who listened to me explain myself without even him asking me to explain... I already knew the drill, then he sounded like he could feel my compassion to rebuild my credit and told me he was going to put me on hold....I was already telling myself to get ready for the lecture and denial, but when he came on, he said, " I see that you are attempting to reestablish yourself so I recommend to approve you for $1000.00, you will need to call 1-800-278-8830 first thing in the morning to complete the processing and you should receive your card in 5 days. OMG!! I did not give up, I had conviction and faith and you guys in this forum are right, "just keep trying and believe.". Thanks so much for the discussion on this board. Smiley Happy

-- Excellent story, small editing to make it easier to read than one big paragraph --Rev

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Reconsideration - 4th or 5th Attempt finally got approved.

Talk about determination and tenacity.....you win hands down!

Great success story and congrats!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you Smiley Happy....I hope it gives some hope to the others out there who are in the same boat as me.

Message 3 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

You deserve an award for persistence. Congratulations!!!!!! Cat LOL Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

This forum really helped me to persevere, otherwise I would have stuck with the first denial and never called.

Message 5 of 24
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I'm impressed by the determination you demonstrated. I have high hopes that you will treat your new credit responsibly. Best of luck to you!

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy Yes, definitely will keep on track with this card.

Message 7 of 24
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Wow! I applaud you for not giving up...! 

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I told myself after having gone through a Ch13 and all the explanations and rebuilding that comes after, that there is a reason for everything.  If I could have avoided the BK, I would have, but I went from a dual to single income and I was very picky as to when I would rebuild and who it would be with into the credit world after finishing up my payment plan.  In today's world, its either cash or credit and in some rare instances, credit cards only. So, with that said, I just wanted to start back on track with prime, surpass the subprime and just stick with determination that if you mean business, then stick with the ones you know who you want to have a long and lasting "banking" relationship with.

I hope to just build my credit scores from here on out and stick with my game plan that 1 or 2 major credit cards (even if credit line is small) would be sufficient. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks REV for editing, I was hoping to go back and edit but could not so I am really grateful you did it for me Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.