Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase “Relationship” and 5/24

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase “Relationship” and 5/24

This is why I said I plan to add several Alliant CU accounts to my repertoire. Yes the money will all move through Chase, as my primary FI, but as far as money sitting in accounts I don’t see a reason not to keep it in one of Alliant’s high interest accounts. I don’t have loads of money sitting around so in reality it doesn’t change much for me but I’d have a substantial, for me anyway, Chase relationship (big bank), as well as PenFed and Alliant CUs.

Perhaps I am mistaken but in my mind primary FI gets the direct deposits and has the most money moving through it. If we mean who will have the most money sitting around then yes I plan to use Alliant as my primary FI.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 21 of 73
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Right LTL!
My main bank offers 3% and several others 2% or higher. It's a waste to leave sizeable deposits in Chase or the like.

@longtimelurkerIf I were a big timer like you I'd join Consumers Credit Union.

Message 22 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

My local banks footprint is very small, the app very lackluster it can take anywhere from 6-24 hours to update accurately and they don't have Zelle integrated into it so I decided to open a Finn by Chase app for conevnience of Chase ATMs when outside of my banks footprint, Zelle integration and *maybe* just *maybe* getting some of those green checkmarks a bit before I make it back down to 5/24 (not banking on it) and for the $100 sign up bonus. All started off fine. Opened the account online Sunday , funded it via my local banks debit with $50 (the app would not accept a larger amount), received debit card in the mail on Tuesday. Used Zelle within the app on Wednesday and Friday with no issue. Friday evening tried to transfer $400 from my local bank into the Finn by Chase and am now locked out of my account. Called Chase, they want to do a 3 way call with my local bank to verify the transaction. Ok fine. Local banks customer service is not available but M_F 8-5 apparently outside of automated service! >.> What a pain. Mostly in it for the sign up bonus but also the slim hope of green check marks one day. Seems like they're gonna make me work for it though!

Message 23 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800FicoGoal My total portfolio in my investment accounts is small, about $1300. I’m no pro, just like to dabble!
Message 24 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

And for anyone who thinks I’ve given “all” to Chase...My paycheck goes to my main CU that I’ve been a member of for 36 years. I also have accounts and CCs with PenFed, NFCU, USAA, Cap1, and accounts but no CC with DCU and SallieMae. My Army Reserve pay is the only direct deposit to Chase, about $750/mo.
Message 25 of 73
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Right LTL!
My main bank offers 3% and several others 2% or higher. It's a waste to leave sizeable deposits in Chase or the like.

Not a big timer!   I did join CCU but with the recent changes stopped using it.   Heritage is my main rewards checking account, with CIT being my main pure savings.

Message 26 of 73
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Right LTL!

Not a big timer!   I did join CCU but with the recent changes stopped using it.   Heritage is my main rewards checking account, with CIT being my main pure savings.

@longtimelurker Never heard of Heritage. I'll have to look them up! Joined CCU today. lol

You would dump them before I can get in the door. Smiley FrustratedSmiley Tongue

CIT screams baller! lol

Message 27 of 73
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Right LTL!

@longtimelurker Never heard of Heritage. I'll have to look them up! Joined CCU today. lol

You would dump them before I can get in the door. Smiley FrustratedSmiley Tongue

CIT screams baller! lol

Heritage is https://heritagebankna.com  3.3% for up to $25K with 10 debit transactions per month (+ 1 ACH per month). 

Message 28 of 73
Remedios
Credit Mentor

There are more heritage branches here than roaches.
My employer uses them, I never really gave it a thought.

Thanks, LTL
Message 29 of 73
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Right LTL!

CIT screams baller! lol

Heritage is https://heritagebankna.com   3.3% for up to $25K with 10 debit transactions per month (+ 1 ACH per month). 

Ok thanks. Your link doesn't work. Heritage is a very popular name for banks. I went through a couple before I found it. lol

https://www.heritagebankna.com/ecentive-account/

Guess I'll join them to. If it's good enough for @longtimelurker  , it's good enough for me! Ha

Message 30 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.