Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase SP CLI

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Chase SP CLI

So I sent a secure message to chase with the hopes of getting a CLI, and this is what I got back. 

Thank you for contacting Chase with regards to increasing 
the credit limit on your account.

I will be happy to process your request for a credit limit
increase. 

This is what you need to know: 
* You can request an increase of up to $1,000.00 without 
Chase obtaining a copy of your credit report provided that
the offer remains available. 
* If you request an increase of more than $1,000.00 or the

above-mentioned offer is no longer available, you 
authorize Chase to obtain a copy of your credit report, 
your credit report history and any other information 
necessary to determine whether the request can be 
approved. 

The bold part made me a little bit happy. As far as I knew, chase wanted a hard pull if you even started thinking the words "credit limit increase" lol

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase SP CLI

What was your exact SM you sent? I need a SP cli...it's been long due... thanks!

Message 2 of 22
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

a less than $1k  CLI from chase just sounds like the state farm insurance commercial with the guy with a fishing poll dangling a $1 in front the person, I saved you a dollar.

of course, if chase so chooses they can HP your account and say sorry we wanted to give you a larger CLI,  but you didn't qualify sorry for the HP, better luck next time. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:

What was your exact SM you sent? I need a SP cli...it's been long due... thanks!

Well first I sent a SM asking if I could change my slate into something more useful, and then told me to gtfo, so then I sent.....

"Hi, 

I recently inquired about changing my account from a slate to a different card and was told I could not, however, I was also curious about getting a credit limit increase. The limit on this card is substantially lower than the rest of my accounts. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!"

Message 4 of 22
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I don't know. I'll definitely take an $1000 SP increase anyday. Even though it'll be less than a 10% increase why risk getting declined and taking a HP?!?

Thanks for sharing.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 5 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

How long did you wait to send them that email for a CLI? Good to know that SP CLIs are possible with Chase amazingly.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

How long did you wait to send them that email for a CLI? Good to know that SP CLIs are possible with Chase amazingly.

My account has been open since april 2013, never got a CLI or anything. 

Message 7 of 22
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I would be very careful with Chase and SM. Last year I tried this and asked if they would consider a SP CLI of 1K on my Freedom that was 4K and clearly mentioned that if this cannot be done with SP to please not touch and leave the limit as it is. The only reason I asked was to be able to have the CL for a Siggy. 

A couple of hrs later I get alerts from EX and EQ  - double pull Smiley Mad  Immediately login to my account to find my new limit of 4,5K ....so double pull for 0,5K ?? .... I had to breathe 3 x before calling in as I was really  furious. What happened ?  Chase did not read the SM but only the title. With the word CLI it ment double pull !   I think I will not have the courage to ever SM Chase with the words CLI.  At least they were nice enough to reverse the CL to 4K and remove the 2  inq.  Still a lot easier to move limits from new cards than to try to CLI on an old/existing card at least for me.  (moved over 1K from Marriott at the end)

Message 8 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

I would be very careful with Chase and SM. Last year I tried this and asked if they would consider a SP CLI of 1K on my Freedom that was 4K and clearly mentioned that if this cannot be done with SP to please not touch and leave the limit as it is. The only reason I asked was to be able to have the CL for a Siggy. 

A couple of hrs later I get alerts from EX and EQ  - double pull Smiley Mad  Immediately login to my account to find my new limit of 4,5K ....so double pull for 0,5K ?? .... I had to breathe 3 x before calling in as I was really  furious. What happened ?  Chase did not read the SM but only the title. With the word CLI it ment double pull !   I think I will not have the courage to ever SM Chase with the words CLI.  At least they were nice enough to reverse the CL to 4K and remove the 2  inq.  Still a lot easier to move limits from new cards than to try to CLI on an old/existing card at least for me.  (moved over 1K from Marriott at the end)

I never even mentioned a SP, the CSR did, so I'm feeling pretty confident. 

Message 9 of 22
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Go for the 1k!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.