cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

So I can't keep up sometimes but Chase is doing away with the 10 something right?

Is it still a good deal to get a CSP and a Freedom with no checking? or what am I missing all around? (everything! LOL)

Anyway, if looking to be with 1 or 2 credit cards of any sort of visa,mc, discover, etc. what is the best deal (750+ Fico)

is it going to come down to Navy Signature Cash 1 to 1 until $10k of yearly charging then 1.5 to $1?

might be kind of similar to a past question but thought I was getting all chase deal and now just want to clairfy if that's still the deal to do if you were going to do it?! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

they still have 10/10 but not sure exactly how they changed it, some people think it's still 10 points per transaction + 10% bonus, some say it's 10% bonus and another 10% annual bonus.

Freedom gets 5% upto $1500 quarterly so it's still good for $300 in bonus categories a year, and transfered to CSP you'll get $375 worth of travel (25% bonus)

So yea it's still a good deal no matter how you look at it.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Saphire, Freedom, EDIT: USBank Cash+... better?

Cash $100 at a time USBank and get $25 Cash bonus... picking our own 5% and 2% looks like $50-$70/month average in Cash back, wouldn't that convert to more Cash then the 2 Chase Cards and having to get the Checking account or am I missing redemption percentages or something?

Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

CSP plus Freedom is worth it for being able to transfer to United, Hyatt, etc. even without the 10% bonuses.  I concentrate more on points than cashback, so I can't comment on the comparisons to other cashback products.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Walt_K wrote:

CSP plus Freedom is worth it for being able to transfer to United, Hyatt, etc. even without the 10% bonuses.  I concentrate more on points than cashback, so I can't comment on the comparisons to other cashback products.

+1  The real value of the Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo comes from being able to transfer the bonus points earned on the Freedom to partner programs instead of simply getting cash back.  Since the US Bank Cash+ card simply earns cash back, the Freedom/CSP combo is much better if you are interested in that option.  If you simply want cashback, then getting Freedom and the Cash+ would be a better option.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.