Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Saphire??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Saphire??

My Parents have a chase saphire card previously with wamu with a  27.24% interest rate tht has not gone down at all. Should i close that card and put the limit on the continental card they have with chase with a more modest 13.24 rate?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Saphire??

You've got too many threads on same topic Smiley Tongue

They carry a balance on all those cards?  You don't get to move the credit limit, only the debt currently on the card.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know i jsut didnt know if this was supposed to be a different topic, no balance on the card an a small balance on the continentsl card, Chase already said that they will move the CL over if we want.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hopelives2 wrote:

You've got too many threads on same topic Smiley Tongue

They carry a balance on all those cards?  You don't get to move the credit limit, only the debt currently on the card.

Not sure what you mean.  I have never heard of a bank that will let you move your balance over to another card unless it is a balance transfer.  Chase does not allow balance transfers from one of their cards to another of their cards.

What Chase will often do, however, is let you reassign your credit limits by transferring limits from one card to another.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is what i mean, the CL is 5100 on that card.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

that is what i mean, the CL is 5100 on that card.

Chase will often let you transfer the limit to another of their cards.  I have never had them turn me down, though others have not been so lucky.  I think it depends on whether the card is 100% Chase or if it is a card they have with a partner such as, for example, Amazon or something.  YMMV.

Message 6 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Parents have a chase saphire card previously with wamu with a  27.24% interest rate tht has not gone down at all. Should i close that card and put the limit on the continental card they have with chase with a more modest 13.24 rate?

I think what you're talking about is account consolidation.  Closing the previous Wamu account, and moving the CL and balance over to the Continental card?

In that case, i would call Chase and ask if they offer it.  Others on the forum may know the answer to this one.  May not be a good idea if that account is older than the Continental MC.  Most banks used to offer consolidating accounts, but as of late, most don't anymore.  If they PIF, the interest rate becomes irrelevant, but they may not want to lose the aged history associated with the previous Wamu account.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.