Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Attempt

tag
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Attempt

So I took a leap of faith this afternoon and applied for a Chase Sapphire Card. I was given the 30 day review message at the end of the application so I called the recon #. I spoke with a very nice lady who tried to get me approved but said she couldn't at this time because I have VERY recently applied (and received) a Chase Slate & a Chase freedom card, she said I should reapply in a couple of months. I asked her to see if she could close either card in order to process the application and she attempted and came back and said she couldn't. Should I call recon back and try again?

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Attempt

Well you can give it one more shot, but its unlikely. It's always a bad idea to go on a spree with the same lender, only because you may come off as desperate, even though you may not be.

Best not to poke the bear too much to invite AA.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

What is very recently?

Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 20
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Recently as in the last week. Being approved for the Slate & Freedom cards gave me the confidence to try the Sapphire. I offered to close both card in order to get the Sapphire and she wouldn't do it.

Also, what does AA mean? I'm new to the board.

Can someone tell me how to create one of those sweet pictures that comes up at the bottom of my posts with all my credit cards on it? My a newbie to the credit game but I would love to have one of those to slowly add 2!

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 5 of 20
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

My UTI on the cards is 0%, haven't even received them in the mail yet. LOL

I know this is probably not good but I just gained some confidence in getting the other 2 so I thought I'd go for it. Another reason I'm here, to learn from all of you credit gurus.

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 6 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

AA is adverse action.

Definitely wait and try again in 4-6 mos.

For the pictures, check out Smorgasboard there's a thread on how to post pics

I would give you the link but I'm on mobile.
Message 7 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@Jbb2788 wrote:

My UTI on the cards is 0%, haven't even received them in the mail yet. LOL

I know this is probably not good but I just gained some confidence in getting the other 2 so I thought I'd go for it. Another reason I'm here, to learn from all of you credit gurus.

What other cards do you have? When did you get your other cards? Most lenders are going to have an issue with you apping for more than two of their cards at one time. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 20
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Yeah I'm just going to take it easy now...I'm not even going to call back and ask for them to reconsider.. I'll apply again in 6-9 months.

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 9 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Recently as in the last week. Being approved for the Slate & Freedom cards gave me the confidence to try the Sapphire. I offered to close both card in order to get the Sapphire and she wouldn't do it.

Also, what does AA mean? I'm new to the board.

Can someone tell me how to create one of those sweet pictures that comes up at the bottom of my posts with all my credit cards on it? My a newbie to the credit game but I would love to have one of those to slowly add 2!

AA = adverse action.

Whenever lender(s) flag you as high risk, they will take adverse action against you, which may be a credit limit reduction, or account(s) closure. Therefore, it's always best to do things in moderation, rather than to keep poking the bear nonstop just to see how far you can go.

Since those 2 accounts are opened only last week, just use the cards you have for about 12 months (or 6 if you are impatient), and then reapply. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.