Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire/Backdoor Number

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire/Backdoor Number

Applied for Chase Sapphire this afternoon after opening a Chase Savings and Checking account to take benefit of the $200 cashback. I apped for the card with no AF since I can't really justify it. App went straight to manual review, the same as my Freedom did. The odd thing about this, is that whenever I call the app status number, and enter my SSN, I am not given a status of the card application, similar to what it did when I apped for the Freedom, which ended up being approved. All the maching says, is to, "Press 1 to repeat this information, 0 to speak to an operator (or whatever) or 9 to end the call." There is no status given to me at all....This is what give me somewhat an upbeat outlook of what my odds are.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Logan.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire/Backdoor Number

Just speak to a CSR.

I'm curious as to why you would apply for no AF version of Chase Sapphire. Citi Forward is ten times better than Chase Sapphire.

Message 2 of 4
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Just speak to a CSR.

I'm curious as to why you would apply for no AF version of Chase Sapphire. Citi Forward is ten times better than Chase Sapphire.

+1. I always wondered why anyone would want the normal sapphire. The only reason I can think of is access to the UR mall. The points still won't transfer though without a CSP, Ink or JPM card though.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 4
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Just speak to a CSR.

+1. I always wondered why anyone would want the normal sapphire. The only reason I can think of is access to the UR mall. The points still won't transfer though without a CSP, Ink or JPM card though.

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.