Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Elite...

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Elite...

Perfect timing 3/24 in April 2017 same time as Prestige renewal.  Bye, bye Citi, hello Chase, lol!  

All rumors though, we will see.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 31 of 384
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Haha I bet less than 10% of members here can actually app this card if rumors are true! 5/24 has most of us on lockdown as far as Chase cards.

LOL...True!!

I think the 5/24 rule is the most stupiest thing ever. I mean, I totally get why, Im not retarded, but Chase is gonna count on MFF to step up and have everyone and their dog apply, and possibly counting on it for the AF's, but it wont sell here....We are all in the Chase lockdown as you mentioned LOL...Im on Chase lockdown till 09/2018...Smiley Sad  lol

Message 32 of 384
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

So this seems to be on its way to be a FotM card, with very few details and those only rumors!

It may be the fotm but 100k ur sign up bonus is very intriguing in itself. It's quite interesting to me.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 33 of 384
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I think the 5/24 rule is the most stupiest thing ever.

It's not an issue for most consumers. It's only a problem for those with a garden and spree obsession -- i.e. forum users who are a tiny fraction of the cardholders out there. Not carefully considering applications and one's credit profile is the real problem and rampant around here.

@pizza1 wrote:

We are all in the Chase lockdown as you mentioned

Not all. Don't just assume that everyone gardens and sprees.
Message 34 of 384
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I think the 5/24 rule is the most stupiest thing ever.

It's not an issue for most consumers. It's only a problem for those with a garden and spree obsession -- i.e. forum users who are a tiny fraction of the cardholders out there. Not carefully considering applications and one's credit profile is the real problem and rampant around here.

@pizza1 wrote:

We are all in the Chase lockdown as you mentioned

Not all. Don't just assume that everyone gardens and sprees.

While I agree that there are quite a few people that have in the past not put in a lot of thought into their applications and we have way too much of a apply for anything here mentality, you can do a lot of research and apply intelligently and still be over 5/24.  Chase actually is a big part of the problem as they have quite a monopoly on travel reward cards with large sign up bonuses.  They encourage you to apply for their cards and then poof you can't get this one because you applied for 5 in two years. It's a ridiculous 'rule' and I'm a bit shocked that companies like United haven't told Chase to pound sand.  

Message 35 of 384
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got some info that JPM has recently signed a lease for some space in at least two airports (LOG and ORD) and I can also confirm that a private lounge is in the planning stages at MIA, but can't get confirmation on the operator.
I heard about the JPM leases just a few weeks back, at the time I assumed they wanted to launch some type of banking operation, but perhaps they will be lounges. I don't know much further about the MIA lounge, it could be anybody, but it could be Chase.
So my theory right now is that this card will be anchored by private lounges. I only do business with a few other smaller airports, which I doubt anyone is putting lounges into.
Message 36 of 384
driftless
Valued Contributor

At ORD in terminal C, which is United's terminal, they have a continuous presence pushing their United Mileage Card. It would be great to have a Chase lounge there.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 37 of 384
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... I knew I was at 4/24 for a reason...
Message 38 of 384
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So this seems to be on its way to be a FotM card, with very few details and those only rumors!

It may be the fotm but 100k ur sign up bonus is very intriguing in itself. It's quite interesting to me.

Right, but we don't even know if 100K UR is going to happen.    And even if it did, you would still want to know the AF (if not waived) and/or spending requirements and benefits before knowing if this is worthwhile.

Message 39 of 384
driftless
Valued Contributor

The spend would not matter to me, one trip to the Apple store should do it.  Smiley Surprised

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 40 of 384
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.