Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire - Interest Rate and Credit Score Questions

tag
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

Chase Sapphire - Interest Rate and Credit Score Questions

Hi everyone!

I got my Chase Sapphire card today and the IR is 15.24%. When I called to activate it, I asked the CSR about a lower IR, but she didn't seem to know much. I looked on the general website and under pricing it lists 15.24%. Is that the only IR for all Chase Sapphire cards? Basically I'm asking if everyone gets the same rate. Also, I read on here that some creditors include your credit score with the papers they send with the new card. Is Chase one of them? If so, where should I look? I went through everything and didn't see it.

Thanks in advance!

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire - Interest Rate and Credit Score Questions

@PleasantlySurprised wrote:
Hi everyone!

I got my Chase Sapphire card today and the IR is 15.24%. When I called to activate it, I asked the CSR about a lower IR, but she didn't seem to know much. I looked on the general website and under pricing it lists 15.24%. Is that the only IR for all Chase Sapphire cards? Basically I'm asking if everyone gets the same rate. Also, I read on here that some creditors include your credit score with the papers they send with the new card. Is Chase one of them? If so, where should I look? I went through everything and didn't see it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey PleasantlySurprised!

The going rate for the Chase Sapphire card is unfortunately 15.24%.  It's the standard and everyone approved gets this rate.  It also means that since you were approved for  the best offer, they do not have to provide you with your credit score.  Some lenders still will but most don't.  You can always call and ask but typically, they won't give it to you.  Congrats on your Approval!!!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 17
parakleet
Valued Contributor

I believe the 15.24 is the standard rate for their "premium" accounts. CCCs will send a credit score if you didn't qualify for their lowest rate or something like that. Otherwise, I don't believe chase routinely sends credit scores to new account holders.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 3 of 17
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

Improvingmycredit & parakleet:

Thank you both for the answers! I was hoping they could do better, but I guess it really won't matter much since I'll be paying before the statement cuts. As far as not getting my credit score...darn it. I was hoping to see what it was when they pulled it. Oh well, such is life. Smiley Happy

Thanks again and have a great day!

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 4 of 17
recordaras
Valued Member

I had the same experience just recently with Freedom and the BCE - was really hoping to get my scores, but in the end only BoA sent me one (and a really weird one at that). Alas!

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 5 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You could always try calling and asking. It worked for me with another lender.
Message 6 of 17
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

@Lexie:

I did and they wouldn't give it to me. :/

Thanks for the suggestion though! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I only received a score twice from Chase. Everytime I've been approved for a card or increase after those two times there has been no score. They are supposed to provide it if it was used in making a decision, but Chase says they don't look at scores when approving.

Message 8 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@navigatethis12

Sounds like you received their best rate and therefore they are not required to provide a score.

Copied from Bankrate.com:

Lenders are required to disclose credit scores in any risk-based pricing notices (on rate increases, for example) and adverse action notices (credit denials, for example) under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Since July 21, 2011, lenders are required to tell you your credit score if you've been denied credit.

Message 9 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

FWIW, both of my Chase Signature cards are 15.24%.  My Citi Siggy is 14.24.  

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.