Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire - Interest Rate and Credit Score Questions

tag
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire - Interest Rate and Credit Score Questions

@sccredit:

I'm jealous! My new Citi Diamond card has 0% for 18 months and then 21.99%. My score is in the upper 700's. Chase have me their lowest rate (apparently) and my USAA World Mastercard and AmEx are both at 10.9% (lowest available was 9.9%). It stinks that Citi gave me a high IR, especially compared to my others. Smiley Sad How long have you had your Citi card? Was that the original IR or did you get them to lower it?

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 11 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

My Citi TY is at 19.99% after the 0% period.  The 14.24% is tied to the Citi Hilton Signaure card, its just their standard rate.  I have had it since Aug 2012.  

Message 12 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@PleasantlySurprised wrote:
Thank you both for the answers! I was hoping they could do better, but I guess it really won't matter much since I'll be paying before the statement cuts. 

If you want lower APR's then look for bare bones credit cards.  Sign up bonuses, rewards, benefits, etc are typically going to come with a higher interest rate.  You don't get something for nothing.  15.24% is as good as it gets with CSP.

@PleasantlySurprised wrote:
My score is in the upper 700's. 

FICO or FAKO?  What's your utilization like?

Message 13 of 17
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

@takeshi74:

Hi there! I got my score from this site, so it's my FICO. At the time I apped, my score was 784. My utilization at the time was 0%...still is.

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 14 of 17
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

@sccredit:

Thanks for the info!! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, been a rough week, but if your utilization is 0% anyway, why worry about the APR?

TBH, with your scores, if you need to pickup a balance carrying card, you shouldn't have any issue doing so.  The CSP isn't designed for carrying a balance, nor is Citi per se.  There are other products still available <10% APR which you would absolutely be qualified for.  Pick one of those up instead would be my recommendation if needed, as of right now paying everything well before the grace period expires, your APR doesn't matter anyway.

Congrat on the CSP approval though, it is a sweet card in my estimation.

        
Message 16 of 17
kibarrow
Established Member

Have you managed to get the IR lowered?
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.