Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Metal?

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Metal?

Just had a customer pay with a Chase Sapphire and it looks like the card was made of Metal, Not as heavy as the Centurion but it is definitely heavier than a regular card.

Just caught me by surprise because i have had other customers pay with Chase Sappire's and they have all felt normal, this one looked identical to the other cards but was metal.

Does chase have 2 tiers of this card? One regular and one metal?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

There is the chase sapphire, which is plastic,and the chase sapphire preferred, which is a metal card. 

Such a good looking card Smiley Tongue i want one lol

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

preferred is metal and comes with a $95 af

regular is normal

Message 3 of 37
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I so want the CSP!! can't wait to get my hands on it lol

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 37
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

The Chase Sapphire Preferred also has the numbers on the back of the card, while the normal one has them in front, right?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 5 of 37
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I saw one in person for the first time and the card is a lot darker than it looks on the website
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 37
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very Happy I have the sapphire prefered and yes i do get alot of compliments on the card one cashier commented that they only give those cards to those people with alot of money in the bank Smiley SurprisedI wish i have $103 bucks in my chase account Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the standard Sapphire and its numbers are also on the back of the card.

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my CSP for over a year now, I probably get at least one comment on it a week.  It has gotten to the point where it's annoying actually LOL

Message 9 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

Can't wait till the day I possess that shiny, heavy sheet of money. 

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.