Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Pre-Approval Success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Pre-Approval Success?

Hi all, after doing some googling I was led to this forum and figured I would ask you guys for your take.  Lately I have been getting tons of junk mail for being pre-approved for credit cards, and normally I throw them all away, but lately I have been looking at trying to get a "better" card.  I have had a generic visa issued by my bank since I was like, 13.  Always paid it off in full each month, never had any issues etc.  I already applied for the card, in which they said they will get back to me in to weeks (although it may take 30 days).

Anyway, my question is, after looking around chase seems to want some pretty spectacular credit scores, and I cannot imagine I have them considering I have only had one card with a fairly low limit (that does not mean I managed to push many thousands through it a year though).

Basically, Im curious what peoples success stories are after being "pre approved" as it seems that my chances are slimmer than I previously thought.

Thanks in advance

-Niff

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Pre-Approval Success?

All: I think I may have figured out the problem, I pulled my credit reports and found out that one of the agencys that chase pulled a credit check from says I was born in the late 1800's...   Prior to learning about this though, I called chase and found out that I was declined and needed to provide some identity verification, some of which I was able to do on the phone, but I need to sign some papers and give them a drivers license photo that they plan to mail to me...  After that, the person I talked to said I should be good to go.  If it was really that easy then I gotta thank you guys as the list of "Backdoor Numbers" you had posted seemed to work like a charm to find out and talk to the right people.

-Niff

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.