cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Public Offer ** UPDATE** Ending Soon!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Public Offer Live

@xenon3030- please refrain from cross-posting on multiple threads.  It is against forum rules.  Thank you!

Message 11 of 74
red259
Super Contributor

@FieryDance wrote:

Just in case someone here is under 5/24 and has been putting off applying. Smiley Tongue

https://creditcards.chase.com/rewards-credit-cards/sapphire/preferred

This is annoying. Already took the offer for 80k with 4k spend. Wonder if chase will match this offer. I'm guessing not. UPDATE: Apparently on Reddit people are saying Chase won't match the new offer to people who took old offer. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 74
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Kind of bummed my drunk self applied a few days ago. Didn't even go in branch to get the first AF waived. And now the increased SUB. Ouch.

That sucks at least I can say I took the branch offer so got the $50 grocery credit and the $95 AF waived. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smells like a points war between AX and Chase.

Smacks of desperation.

Thanks for posting though.

Message 14 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TSlop wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Kind of bummed my drunk self applied a few days ago. Didn't even go in branch to get the first AF waived. And now the increased SUB. Ouch.

See what they can do for you by calling or SM. I applied for my CFU right before the 5% cashback on groceries for a year offer, and I sent them a SM and they added it to my card. Obviously there are no guarantees, but worth a shot.

I've seen on  a few places that Chase won't match SUBs. Sent a SM anyway. Just as another dp, Chase said "no"

Message 15 of 74
summerterrace
Regular Contributor

Wish they would actually improve the card to make it worth a slot rather then just offering higher and higher sign up bonuses for new customers.  This is still a great SUB though!

US Bank Altitude Reserve, Delta Gold Am Ex, PenFed Power Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Navy Federal Flagship, Chase Freedom, IHG Rewards Club Premier, Marriott Bonvoy Premier
Message 16 of 74
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FieryDance wrote:

Just in case someone here is under 5/24 and has been putting off applying. Smiley Tongue

https://creditcards.chase.com/rewards-credit-cards/sapphire/preferred

Pretty amazing signup bonus... worth about 13 times the annual fee, by my calculations. How can that be profitable?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 17 of 74
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Smells like a points war between AX and Chase.

Smacks of desperation.

Thanks for posting though.

Could you elaborate on your understanding of competition vs desperation? 

Message 18 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got instant approvals last June (16k) and December (19k) for their co brand cards.   If I apply for Sapphire, it will be 3 cards less than 12 months period.

Do they have some kind underwriting rules limiting #of cards per a certain period?   

Message 19 of 74
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Sent an SM to see if I'm eligible for this SUB.  When logged in, this is the only card that won't open for me.

I closed this card in 2019, after one year because I didn't hit the SUB, and found the card to be redundant.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 20 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.