cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Public Offer ** UPDATE** Ending Soon!

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Chase 100k ending - confirmed

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditPacMan wrote:

I've had the CSP since 2015 .. wonder if I can close it and re-apply to get a new bonus, or even apply for the CSR. Either way I won't make it by the 6th.

Surprised you'd entertain such move, given your stance with Chase. But, moot point I suppose since the offer ends relatively soon.

You're right .. I don't like UR points. But I like that I can transfer them to miles, which I can use with United. Anway .. no going to lie, I'd rather pay $550 somewhere else (for the CSR).

Current Cards:
Message 61 of 74
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase 100k ending - confirmed

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Will be interesting to see if those who get this bonus will receive a 1099 next year for it.

Why?  UR points legally have no cash value.  Chase can take them away from you for any reason.

I won't be below 5/24 until next year so I guess I missed out.  I wonder what it will go down to... or if they'll bring it back.

Maybe so but there have been reports of some getting 1099 if rewards exceed $600  I suspect they will return to their 50K normal on the CSP.

Message 62 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Public Offer ** UPDATE** Ending Soon!

is this the offer where you can't already have an existing CSR, which I do? Smiley Sad

Message 63 of 74
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

is this the offer where you can't already have an existing CSR, which I do? Smiley Sad

Correct.

You'd have to clear the 5/24 hurdle in addition to PC'ing your existing CSR and not have earned the SUB in the past 48 months.

Message 64 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.

You'd have to clear the 5/24 hurdle in addition to PC'ing your existing CSR and not have earned the SUB in the past 48 months.

omg. what has chase become lol thanks

Message 65 of 74
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.

Efficient at weeding out churners? 

Message 66 of 74
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.

No, I think they may be considered a "horrible" bank for weeding out churners💀

@Anonymous  -- just FYI, this isn't a new thing with Chase.

lol.

Message 67 of 74
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.

lol.

I love Chase, if I didn't, I wouldn't be married to them, but I do believe they hire former Inquisitors for all UW positions.  

I got asked once "Mam, have you ever considered not applying for credit?" 

My brain translated it to "Start the fire, we're roasting a witch" 

Message 68 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.

lol.

hmmm no. i don't think chase is a horrible bank compared to whatever bank backs the target cc and navy fed. two worst banks of my entire life! 

oh it's not new? i know of the 5/24 thing, but didn't know you couldn't have both the CSP and CSR at the same time. I honestly thought that was possible

Message 69 of 74
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.

lol.

hmmm no. i don't think chase is a horrible bank compared to whatever bank backs the target cc and navy fed. two worst banks of my entire life! 

oh it's not new? i know of the 5/24 thing, but didn't know you couldn't have both the CSP and CSR at the same time. I honestly thought that was possible

You must've missed the memo. But, yeah that's been a thing for a while as far as obtaining a SUB on either card while having CSP or CSR.  The restriction used to be 24 months, then it was increased to 48. 

Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.