Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

tag
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

Hey i went online and applied for this card. I got a message that said they where going to review my infomation what dose this mean?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

@cableguy123 wrote:

Hey i went online and applied for this card. I got a message that said they where going to review my infomation what dose this mean?

Was it the 7-10 message?

This usually means they just want to go over your report/s line by line because you did not meet their criteria to be instantly approved, or it could be something as simple as......something you put in your app did not match what your credit report shows.

I'd call the backdoor number

Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

From what I understand, this is a VERY hard card to get, I'm not sure I'd even app for this card with my FICOS. However, I DO want this card, eventually.

Best of Luck!

Message 2 of 29
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cableguy123 wrote:

Was it the 7-10 message?

This usually means they just want to go over your report/s line by line because you did not meet their criteria to be instantly approved, or it could be something as simple as......something you put in your app did not match what your credit report shows.

From what I understand, this is a VERY hard card to get, I'm not sure I'd even app for this card with my FICOS. However, I DO want this card, eventually.

Best of Luck!

Come on.  You don't seriously expect that the approval standards are that high do you?  Modesty is great and all that, but let's not discourage people from applying for the card because they don't have average 790+ FICO scores, unless there are some real indications that the approval standards are that high.  I haven't seen anything to suggest you need scores that high for this card.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 29
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cableguy123 wrote:

Was it the 7-10 message?

Best of Luck!

Come on.  You don't seriously expect that the approval standards are that high do you?  Modesty is great and all that, but let's not discourage people from applying for the card because they don't have average 790+ FICO scores, unless there are some real indications that the approval standards are that high.  I haven't seen anything to suggest you need scores that high for this card.

I have to agree with Walt on this one, but I WOULD like to know about where you need to be to get in the door with this issuer.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the card recently and was instantly approved. My Fico was 754.

Message 5 of 29
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Yea i called the number and the man i talked to was very nice he just approved me for 5000.00 said i had high ulti but he approved me my tu is 700 and my ex is 699

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with 748.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Walt_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cableguy123 wrote:

Was it the 7-10 message?

Best of Luck!

That was not my intent and I believe you know that, I have been researchng this card and I have read that it is not an easy card to obtain, not the hardest to get, however, I don't think someone with a 700 725 FICO will get this card, I could very well be wrong, I'm not God and can't predict the future.

I made a statement based on the research I've done.

Regarding modesty, In all honesty, I feel VERY confident, I could get this card tonight if I applied for it.

I could have left out that last part about myself not even apping for this card with my scores, I was trying to make a point, and the point was I have read this is a hard card to get. (Dumb statement on my part? Yes maybe) but don't accuse me of discouraging people from applying for the card, because that was NOT my intent!!

Message 8 of 29
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

That was not my intent and I believe you know that, I have been researchng this card and I have read that it is not an easy card to obtain, not the hardest to get, however, I don't think someone with a 700 725 FICO will get this card, I could very well be wrong, I'm not God and can't predict the future.

See post two spots above yours...evidently, it CAN be done! Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

There ya go, I was wrong, just goes to show no matter how much research one does, it can be very undependable.

i apologize for giving inaccurate info, I strive VERY hard to give accurate info when I reply to someones question, but, sometimes I am wrong.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.