Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Annual Fee

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefered issue

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE

I was called back this afternoon by a representative from Chase.  He told me that in response to the CFPB complaint they are going to do a "one time account courtesy waiver" of the annual fee.  He again tried to tell me the application I submitted included the code for the annual fee.  I informed him that I was not the only one with this issue and there have been reports on myFICO forums that it is happening to others as well.  He told me he was thankful for the information, but the tone of his voice told me otherwise.  He did appologize and I stated that it shouldn't have taken talking to a customer service representative, a manager and then finally a report to the CFPB to resolve this issue.

At least I was able to get the fee dropped, but they really wanted to keep pushing that the application "code" on their end showed the annual fee would be charged.

Glad you got it waived!  I always hate the "courtesy" thing when you know that you are in the right, but as I said earlier, there's a limit to how much effort it is worth.

But this case really does sound odd as no-one here has ever seen the offer that they say was applied for (50K, no waive) so don't know how it could be in their system!

Message 41 of 49
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Accept the offer and ignore the "courtesy" BS.  You got what you wanted.  Don't expect Chase to be apologetic.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE

I was called back this afternoon by a representative from Chase.  He told me that in response to the CFPB complaint they are going to do a "one time account courtesy waiver" of the annual fee.  He again tried to tell me the application I submitted included the code for the annual fee.  I informed him that I was not the only one with this issue and there have been reports on myFICO forums that it is happening to others as well.  He told me he was thankful for the information, but the tone of his voice told me otherwise.  He did appologize and I stated that it shouldn't have taken talking to a customer service representative, a manager and then finally a report to the CFPB to resolve this issue.

At least I was able to get the fee dropped, but they really wanted to keep pushing that the application "code" on their end showed the annual fee would be charged.

Congratulations! What information/documents did you put in your CFPB complaint? I need to file one to get my intro annual fee refunded as well.

Message 43 of 49
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE

Congratulations! What information/documents did you put in your CFPB complaint? I need to file one to get my intro annual fee refunded as well.

Alex, update us.

Message 44 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I wrote almost exactly what I posted here in my previous post. I did not upload any documents. 

Message 45 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the response they posted to the CFPB:

Thank you for your service to our country. The enrollment offer for your account is to earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from the account opening and earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months from account opening. This enrollment offer does not include the first year fee waiver. We confirmed your account was set up with the correct offer for which you applied and we provided you accurate information during the phone call on April 10, 2018. As a one-time courtesy, we have credited your account $95 for the annual membership fee. You will see this credit on your April 2018 statement and if you manage your account online, you will see the credit immediately.

Again they had to try and throw in "the application said the annual fee was to be charged" bull**bleep**.  They just won't admit their error.

Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hope that measly $95 doesn't cause you relationship issues with them. 

Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It isn't about the $95, it is about principal and the obvious error that is happening with their system that they won't admit to.

Message 48 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It isn't about the $95, it is about principal and the obvious error that is happening with their system that they won't admit to.

Well, you certainly don't change the principles of a mega-business like JPMC by forcing them to pay  a whole $95!   So it may as well be about getting the $95.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.