Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval Chances

tag
Invictus2905
New Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval Chances

@Trini88 wrote:

My husband got approved for the CSP last month.

His DPs: They pulled EX 676 in NV, 3 derogs, his cards showing on file was his two $600 Cap One cards at the time, 1 $2000 Apple card, 2 AU cards: my FNBO ($4400) and Lowes ($2037). He was approved a few weeks before the CSP for a $6000 Discover and $5000 Amex (both wasn't on his report at the time).

He applied for the CSP and got approved for $5300 and I only think it was possible because he was preapproved for the CSP, CFU and CFF in the Chase app.

This is interesting! What kind of relationship do y'all have with Chase? I only ask because you mention he had preapprovals in the app. I opened a checking account with them about two months ago and swapped all direct deposits over to them hoping that would help build a relationship with them. 

Message 11 of 14
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Invictus2905 wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

My husband got approved for the CSP last month.

His DPs: They pulled EX 676 in NV, 3 derogs, his cards showing on file was his two $600 Cap One cards at the time, 1 $2000 Apple card, 2 AU cards: my FNBO ($4400) and Lowes ($2037). He was approved a few weeks before the CSP for a $6000 Discover and $5000 Amex (both wasn't on his report at the time).

He applied for the CSP and got approved for $5300 and I only think it was possible because he was preapproved for the CSP, CFU and CFF in the Chase app.

This is interesting! What kind of relationship do y'all have with Chase? I only ask because you mention he had preapprovals in the app. I opened a checking account with them about two months ago and swapped all direct deposits over to them hoping that would help build a relationship with them. 

I have 0 relationship with Chase, I just got my Chase Amazon card a month ago and that's it with me and Chase.

My husband has a checking and savings with Chase for about 5 years. Once his credit started getting better (his credit score had been around 580 - 630 for awhile) he showed me that he had some preapprovals in the app. I confirmed that they were indeed preapprovals and told him to apply for the CSP before the Amex and Discover card showed up on his report.

Goal Cards:
Message 12 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Invictus2905  I would say you could just get in if you try now! However is best to go with clean record to be sure.

"Utilization: 2%" try AZEO before you apply and it would improve your chances.

Recently I cold app for Amzaon and CSP with no prior relationship with Chase and got approved! They are being more generous these days, so your chances are much better now then it was last year same time.

Message 13 of 14
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@Invictus2905 wrote:

I am finally under the 5/24 and with my credit file being significantly better than it has been, other than one last CO dropping off EQ, I would like to move on to more premium cards. I would like to see what everyone thinks my approval chances are in getting the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I am in FL if that matters from what CB they pull. I also have checking with Chase. 

No derogs on EX and TU. 1 CO expected to drop from EQ in July. I am terrified to call them and ask for an EE. 

AAoA: 4 years 2 months 

Current DP's 

Fico 8

EX: 744

EQ: 627

TU: 740

All Accounts (installment, student loans, auto loans, CC): 

EX: 0/3, 2/6, 4/24

EQ: 1/3, 2/6, 6/12, 9/24

TU: 0/3, 2/6, 5/12, 9/24

CC accounts are all 4/24 

Inquiries (did some car loan shopping and refinancing in the last 24 months): 

EX: 0/3, 3/6 (all three are for car refinance within same day), 5/12, 10/24 

EQ: 0/3, 1/6, 3/12, 10/24

TU: 0/3, 2/6, 4/12, 8/24 

Current CC's: 

Apple: $5,250

QS: $700

Spark: $700

Merrick: $2,000

Avant: $500

Kohls: $1,000

Utilization: 2%

If I left anything pertinent out I am happy to add it. 

@Invictus2905 

Regarding the EE with Equifax - my experience with them (I have a CO from 2017 and have learned a great deal from that experience....) is that "not dealing with Equifax" is *ALWAYS* the right answer.  I do not trust them.  Or, put in a more positive way, I do indeed trust them to muck up anything and everything that they touch!  Just my experience.....

****************************************************************************************************

For those of you reading this post and wondering "What is the heck is that 'EE' thing that they are discussing?"......an "EE" is shorthand for "Early Exclusion".

Accounts - both good and bad - have a natural "fall off" date.  So, for example, the car loan that I paid off one year ago will still show - as a closed account - on my credit report for some 10 years.  So, that means - just making up the month / year - in June, 2031 that account will just "disappear" from the three CRAs.

The charge-off that I have will also "just disappear" - again, making up the month / year - in June, 2024 (seven years from the Date of First Delinquency).

If, for whatever reason, I wanted/needed to make that Charge-Off account (which is a really bad "derogatory") go away sooner then I can contact each of the three CRAs (Credit Reporting Agengies, aka, Experian, Transunion, Equifax) and create what is known as an Early Exclusion (aka, EE).

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.