Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Rewards Questions

tag
tin369
Established Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred Rewards Questions

I am just wondering, how long after you spend the $3000 do you get those 40,000 points?

Also, I saw a promo on the CSP website for 2 nights stay in mexico ina resort for 2 for 40,000. Is it a good deal?

I guess what I am tryingto find out is how to maximize on the rewards, towards a deal like this, make your own reservation and redeem the points, book thorugh chase, ultimate rewards website etc.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Rewards Questions

After I spent $3,000, I received my points immediately after my next statement printed. When you book via Ultimate Rewards, your points are worth more, I think 25% more versus using a different website. Use the link below to learn more about the Ultimate Rewards program.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/chaseloyalty&redirect=fals...

Message 2 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Look for ways to spend that 3k that could allow you to sell w/e it is you buy at a profit or minimal loss.

or even buy gas cards at a discount, when you would have paid full price for future gas expenses, etc.

Oh the days of the us mint and milage card churn, right boys? Smiley Very Happy

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 6
tin369
Established Member

Do you guys know how long before can get a credit line increase. Is it a hrad or a soft pull. How many of you have succeeded. Has any of you with initial CL of $6000 asked for an increase if so how much did it go upto. Did you use phone or online to make the request.

Message 4 of 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@tin369 wrote:

Do you guys know how long before can get a credit line increase. Is it a hrad or a soft pull. How many of you have succeeded. Has any of you with initial CL of $6000 asked for an increase if so how much did it go upto. Did you use phone or online to make the request.

A CLI request will always result in a hard pull from Chase. They have given SP auto CLIs lately, but it looks like it was primarily for those who were using the card heavily and PIF. I got an auto CLI on my Chase United card after 3 months with a SP. While it wasn't the CSP, I'm 99% sure it's because I'd been using my united card much more heavily. If I used my CSP in the same way, that would have likely received an auto CLI too.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 6
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

After I spent $3,000, I received my points immediately after my next statement printed. When you book via Ultimate Rewards, your points are worth more, I think 25% more versus using a different website. Use the link below to learn more about the Ultimate Rewards program.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/chaseloyalty&redirect=fals...

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.