Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred recommended for 1st line approval

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred recommended for 1st line approval

It's me again.  Still trying to hit that 100k Smiley Wink  After receiving the Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard and Chase Southwest Airlines Visa Signature with wonderful bonuses, I decided to try and product change my Chase Slate for the CSP.  Called the backdoor number for Chase to ask that question, they told me that if I applied and was denied that they could reallocate credit to get the CSP open, but I would have to talk to customer service to see if I would then be eligible for signup bonus.  Called customer service and they said I couldn't PC and that I would have to apply which I already knew that.  In that scenario, if the backdoor did a PC, I would get the signup bonus.  Well I decided to pull the trigger and apply for the CSP figuring it would be a denial anyway but I could do a PC through the backdoor.  Application immediately in a pending status.  Called backdoor number and amazingly I got the same person that I had originally spoke to.  He went over my application with basic questions.  He then said I see a 2004 BK on record (I didn't realize at time that BK was actually 2003).  He said that all BK's require two reviewer approvals.  He said that he was issuing the 1st line review approval and would forward application for 2nd line review approval and I would be notified online within 24 hours.  I didn't ask any questions about possible limit or anything, I am just hopeful I can get at least the minimum 5K without doing a PC or reallocation.  Overall, this was a good experience even if I'm eventually declined.  It's my hope that the 1st line recommended approval means something.  I had to go through a similiar process with the Chase Southwest Visa Signature but they called it fraud verification.  In that case, the 1st reviewer recommended approval and transferred me to someone who verified info on credit report and then said I was approved.  This would be totally awesome considering I just got the slate in October 2013 with $2,500 and manual cli in January 2014 and then the Chase Southwest Visa in March 2014.  And to think when I first called the backdoor number I told the analyst that I most likely couldn't be approved for a 3rd card and I wanted to do a PC or reallocation.  He told me then to go ahead and apply.  Fingers crossed big time.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred recommended for 1st line approval

WOW....How do you manage that many accounts?  Your overall goal is to reach 100,000?  Are you out of SP CLI which is why you applied again with a HP?

Just trying to follow what you got going on :-)

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 2 of 28
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

WOW....How do you manage that many accounts?  Your overall goal is to reach 100,000?  Are you out of SP CLI which is why you applied again with a HP?

Just trying to follow what you got going on :-)

I wouldn't necessarily recommend my approach for most, all but 3 of my cards were obtained since July 2013.  SP CLI's can only come for me through Walmart Discover and Barclays, both of which may balk at a cli right now with the shear volume of new accounts.  I've accummulated over $95,000 since July 2013.  I've been mastering the credit game through this board and credit pulls.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well good luck and BTW if the BK is from 2003 it should be long gone from your reports, dispute it off.

Message 4 of 28
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Well good luck and BTW if the BK is from 2003 it should be long gone from your reports, dispute it off.

Thanks gdale6.  It's off my report as of last year so now that you mention that I'm sure it was 2003 and not 2004.  Do you think it's worth calling chase backdoor back or just wait it out for 2nd review?  The BK was stated as the only reason for a 2nd review.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 28
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Thanks gdale6.  It's off my report as of last year so now that you mention that I'm sure it was 2003 and not 2004.  Do you think it's worth calling chase backdoor back or just wait it out for 2nd review?  The BK was stated as the only reason for a 2nd review.

Best wishes!!! I personally wouldn't call the back door again considering its going up for a second review, because of the BK.  I doubt the one year difference is the real issue. 

Keep us posted!!!

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 6 of 28
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Best wishes!!! I personally wouldn't call the back door again considering its going up for a second review, because of the BK.  I doubt the one year difference is the real issue. 

Keep us posted!!!

Thank you.  Will do.  He said if I'm approved it would show up in my online account within 24 hours.  If not, I'll have a secure message in my online account.  I would hope that the 1st review is the more stringent and the 2nd is just an overview.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 28
12njoy
Super Contributor

I'll be checking online account all day tomorrow Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 28
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

12njoy: I can understand your anticipation right now. I'm only $1100 away from hitting $50K in revolving credit. Right now with the 2 new additions I'm sitting at $48.9K across 13 cards (not counting AMEX green).

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 28
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

12njoy: I can understand your anticipation right now. I'm only $1100 away from hitting $50K in revolving credit. Right now with the 2 new additions I'm sitting at $48.9K across 13 cards (not counting AMEX green).

Yes, I see you understand how you can be so close, but yet so far.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.