Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred

I put in my application Monday evening and because I lifted a security freeze for the week to do the application, I called today to follow and make sure that the application was processed within the time period that I lifted my freeze for.

I didn't seem to get a solid "yes you're approved" but the nice rep told me "based on what we've got here, we can definitely do something for you".  Don't they usually tell you outright if you've been approved or not? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

I would call Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) and ask them for application status.  If not approved, ask them to reconsider your app and be prepared to answer some questions about employment, income, your other TLs and how you pay them.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow so I'm not calling multitple times a day.  On the phone he clarified a charge-off that's on dispute status for an identity fraud account 4 years ago--but other than that, my record's clean with high 700's low 800's score.

Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I put in my application Monday evening and because I lifted a security freeze for the week to do the application, I called today to follow and make sure that the application was processed within the time period that I lifted my freeze for.

I didn't seem to get a solid "yes you're approved" but the nice rep told me "based on what we've got here, we can definitely do something for you".  Don't they usually tell you outright if you've been approved or not? Smiley Sad

Welcome to the forums!!!

Sounds like they are doing a manual review of your CR's because the computer couldn't instant approve. Be patient, give it a few days then call the number the above poster left.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad I called the recon line a day after I applied.  I had informed them that I lifted my security freeze and wanted to ensure that my application was processed within my lifted timeframe.  They asked a few questions, namely a fraud account charge off that Capital One refuses to absolve me of (even though all purchases were made in a completely different state than where I live...and I have debit statements to prove my whereabouts...sigh).  The nice rep told me to call back again to follow up but based on our discussion, can definitely do something for me.

I called back a few days later, there were additional questions--namely verification and I finally got my approval.  On the day I received my card in the mail--I also received the automated "you have been declined--due to charge off on your credit report" letter.  HAHA Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great! Good job staying persistent and on top of it. Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I got an auto decline letter on the same day I received my amazon chase card too so don't feel bad! Mine was for number of inquiries (mortgage related)
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm glad I called the recon line a day after I applied.  I had informed them that I lifted my security freeze and wanted to ensure that my application was processed within my lifted timeframe.  They asked a few questions, namely a fraud account charge off that Capital One refuses to absolve me of (even though all purchases were made in a completely different state than where I live...and I have debit statements to prove my whereabouts...sigh).  The nice rep told me to call back again to follow up but based on our discussion, can definitely do something for me.

I called back a few days later, there were additional questions--namely verification and I finally got my approval.  On the day I received my card in the mail--I also received the automated "you have been declined--due to charge off on your credit report" letter.  HAHA Smiley Happy

CONGRATS!!!!

What CL did you get?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow...

Do you have other lines close to or above that or is that your highest?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.