Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
zeeks87
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred

How often is it recommend to apply for a credit increase and will there be a hp from chase?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

Chase is almost always HP for CL increases if you request.

Message 2 of 5
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Mine was a HP earlier this year.

I even had to take a HP from them when I transferred credit limit from one card to another for making a large purchase.
| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@zeeks87 wrote:

How often is it recommend to apply for a credit increase and will there be a hp from chase?

You can call an ask at any time. There will be a HP. Some get great increase and others not so much

As far as how often, that depends on how many HP you're willing to take and how much you use your card. 

Message 4 of 5
zeeks87
Valued Member

I started with a 14,500 limit and if it’s a hard pull I’ll just hold off I’ve had two this month one from Goldman and one from Wells Fargo plus I don’t use the card as often as my Amex cards I just wanted to increase my overall credit

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.