Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred

This was one of my first cards I got when I found this site a couple of years ago and started my journey to improve my credit.  I was approved at 24.74%, too dang high.  I use this card alot, and keep the balance fairly low.  My CL is $10,600.  This is also now my highest interest card.  With my FICO score so much better now, just wondering if I could apply again for another Sapphire card and transfer the balance?  Or what could I do?  I really like the card, just not the ineterest rate I have.

Thank you.

Edit:  I also know that Chase doesn't lower rates, at least that's what I think I've read here before.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

Chase has a One Sapphire Rule. You will need to PC your card to the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited if you want to apply or upgrade to the CSR card, or reapply for the CSR card.

Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

In addition to the above comment, no guarantee on what the new APR would be. Lots of variables at play based on your overall profile, not just your FICO score. So, it's fairly possible you may get better terms or the same.

Unfortunately, Chase does not lower APRs upon request, but at the end of the day, if you PIF then the APR is really not an issue.
Message 3 of 5
imaximous
Valued Contributor

And just to add to the responses above. If you do that, you may not get the SUB again. I believe now it's 4 years since the last time you received a bonus for a Sapphire product. If you got your CSP in the last 4 years, then you can still get the card after conversion, but without any bonus.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always best to never carry a balance, especially on a rewards card since that interest plus the annual fee is basically wiping out whatever rewards you're earning by using the card. Why are you carrying a balance on this card? Are you spending beyond your means? If so, you'd be better off not having a credit card at all until you can create a workable budget and get your finances  in order. 

Are you using the Ultimate Rewards that you earn on this card for travel? If not, you need to seriously consider downgrading it to either a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited as neither of these cards has an annual fee (your CSP has a $95/year fee). 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.