Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Referral link not showing

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Chase Sapphire Referral link not showing

I just upgraded my CSP to CSR. DGF has two AMEX Bonvoy, the $95 and the $450 versions.

She wants to apply for the CSR to be her main spend / travel CC, but I am not seeing a Referral link on my Chase Sapphire account.

There is a Referral link on Freedom Unlimited, but none for Freedom, Hyatt, or Sapphire. She's not really interested in Freedom Unlimited, wants to keep just one or two main spend cards.

Is the Chase referral link something that appears randomly? Is there a way to trigger it, or a website to obtain the link offer?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Referral link not showing

Try incognito.  Depending on when you upgraded there may be a delay in the link appearing and/or if you haven't acitvated the new card.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are Chase referral strictly limited to the same family of cards? For example a friend of mine is interested in the Amazon card, so i wouldn't be able to refer via CSP or CFU products that I have? Hence you can only refer products that you have to others.

I'm also guessing that referral offers come with slightly lower SUB for the referred than they would get cold apping on their own?

Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My CSP got upgraded to CSR last January. I still have "refer a friend" for CSP in my account. 

Message 4 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The referral is specific to whatever card they show for a referral, not the family.  If you have more than one referral showing, each card has its own link.  Even if you have a Freedom, for example, giving someone a referral for Freedom Unlimited or Sapphire Preferred will not give you a bonus if they apply for the Freedom card since they did not click through a link supplied by you for the Freedom card.

From what I have seen, referral SUBs have always been the same as public offers, if not higher.  Example for CFU:

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.26.46 PM.png

Message 5 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I always wondered why Chase doesn't let customers refer the CSR. It's the only reason we've kept the DW's CSP so we can give referrals out

Message 6 of 10
MacCreed
Valued Member

Things have changed since last year.  

Message 7 of 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Chase doesn't have the CSR or CF referral anymore. CSP & CFU still exist. 

Message 8 of 10
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

This appears to be true.  I have three Chase cards (CSR, CF, and United Explorer).  I have two referral links showing:  CFU and Explorer.  No links for the CSR, CSP, or CF.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

This appears to be true.  I have three Chase cards (CSR, CF, and United Explorer).  I have two referral links showing:  CFU and Explorer.  No links for the CSR, CSP, or CF.

CSP exists, after inputting my details I am able to generate a link:

https://www.chase.com/referafriend/chasesapphirepreferred

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.